BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   member intro Empty member intro Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 am

mawhera

mawhera
Gold member
Gold member
Hi I'm down under in NZ, had bikes for years, still got my old 72 BSA B50SS, I bought when I was 19 in 76, a DR suzi 650 single a BMW R1100RSand a couple of kt trials bikes, great release the bikes. Brought an 87 K100RT last year, nice machine, heaps of torque, same bore and stroke as a T150/60 Triumph trident. anyways all was well until the rh blinker started all by itself even with the key off, so out came the bulbs, yeah who needs em, hands work well. all was well until when down in the deep south she just refused to turn over, bugger. Off came the tank, hello red wire melted through due to corrosion induced heating / short in 4 pin plug, ouch. Striped out all the wiring got rid of the plug replaced the handle bar switch i ruined hunting fopr the fault and resoldered the rough job on the ignition switch, was probably a female socket once?? anyways ran a fatter main red to the switch, all good until the tail light refused to go, probably that BMU box of solder so jumpered that all good now the park light refuses to go, bugger nearly done. I wreckon a spagetti merchant moving to NASA designed and speced the wiring circuit, not to worry, may replace all the spag with a couple of carbies one day and make her a real bike. will let you knoe how i get on. Once I connected the fuel lines incorrectly onto the tank, she still ran fine, get it right this time thanks to the fantastic forum and info. Happy riding folkes. :PS gladwrap is excellent side of the road insulation if stuck with a spaghetti problem. Mawhera. NZ

2Back to top Go down   member intro Empty member intro Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:10 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
G day mawhera and welcome from your cousins across the ditch. Sounds like you've been having a bit of fun.
They can be frustrating but when they work they are a great machine. The boys here will help out where ever they can.
RT

3Back to top Go down   member intro Empty Re: member intro Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings from the west island welcome to the forum.
Sure sounds like fun and games for you it can only get better from now on.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   member intro Empty Re: member intro Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:07 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the gang - hopefully all your problems can be easily resolved with the help of this great collection of "K"enthusiasts Wink

5Back to top Go down   member intro Empty Re: member intro Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi mate and welcome.
I had a B25SS once upon a time. Shocked

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum