BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Replacing the fuel lines. Empty Replacing the fuel lines. Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Passion85

Passion85
Hey guys. I'm pretty green when it comes to working on BMW's, I bought my 85 K100 a few days ago. It was in pretty rough shape but I'm trying to get it running. I cleaned the tank (it had been sitting a few years with old gas in it) and I am attempting to replace the fuel lines. One of the lines was easy to remove and replace but there is another one that looks like it goes between the air filter and I'm have a tough time finding out how to remove the air filter. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Passion85

2Back to top Go down   Replacing the fuel lines. Empty Re: Replacing the fuel lines. Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Passion, that was one of the first things that stumped me last fall when I bought a K100RS. I was afraid I break something trying to remove that sucker, but in the end I figured it out and now there's no trauma. Basically, you need a very long screwdriver to pop off the three spring clamps - two aft and one located at the right front of the filter area. After you release them, pull the fat, frustrating filter out to the back and right.
It becomes easier with practice Surprised
Just wait 'til you decide to replace the rubber connectors between the throttle bodies and the head.... that will test you.

3Back to top Go down   Replacing the fuel lines. Empty Re: Replacing the fuel lines. Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 am

Passion85

Passion85
Thank you! It took me forever to figure out that I had to remove the bottom part of the air filter housing before I could remove the top part. They really managed to pack things tight in this bike Very Happy. Now I'm afraid that I will have to disassemble the ignition assembly, my key won't turn the ignition switch. Hopefully it's just gummed up or something.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum