BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   85 k100rs...should i buy Empty 85 k100rs...should i buy Wed May 22, 2013 4:58 pm

johnverbsky

johnverbsky
Just Curious...what are the big differences between 85 k100 and later k100s....i read something about the fuel injection etc. and how much vibration is there relative to the k75. i rebuilt two k75 and have lots of extra parts..hope i can use them....m ost importantly i have a sprint fairing i bought that was off a k100 and it doesn't fit the k75 well....so i am buyinga bike to fit the fairing...sounds like justification enough for me.

2Back to top Go down   85 k100rs...should i buy Empty Re: 85 k100rs...should i buy Wed May 22, 2013 7:17 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Odd that the Sprint fairing won't fit the K75. Crazy Frog has one on his K75. Take a look at his profile to see it mounted. Maybe you should have a discussion with him about all that...

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

3Back to top Go down   85 k100rs...should i buy Empty Re: 85 k100rs...should i buy Wed May 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The K75 sand c were not the same when it comes to fitting the sprint fairing it fits better to the RT which has what is a K100 fairing and K100 Radiator with different mounts to make it fit the fairing.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   85 k100rs...should i buy Empty Re: 85 k100rs...should i buy Thu May 23, 2013 2:31 am

johnverbsky

johnverbsky
The issue is the cut outs for the coolant hose on one side and the valve cover on the other. The mounting points are the same.the extra cylinder it's effectively added to the front.so the cut out for the coolant tube is about an inch ahead.so the fairing rests on the coolant hose on one side and on the valve cover on the other, instead of being centered around the cut out. I am sure i could extend the cut out so i have clearance...but since i found a complete k100rs for 500 bucks, it is an easy choice to step up into a k100. Heck,i already brought back a k75 from the junk yard, not having been started in 20 years with a red ant colony living in the air box,i should do the same for a k100.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum