BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JOINYMAN

JOINYMAN
Silver member
Silver member
I've only had the bike (k100rt) six months, done about 2000 miles . But more than that I've cleaned, greased ,tinkered, fettled, replaced, polished ,oiled and looked after it like a guardian. Enter dishonest jaguar driving wa....r who takes the newness off the old girl and refuse to admit liability. I'm absolutely gutted. But really I had no idea I would be, after all it didn't cost a lot in the great scheme of things. I guess messing about through the winter months has built quite a strong attachment.
She's now sitting in the garage waiting for a man to decide her future.
...........to be continued.

wngnutmv

wngnutmv
Silver member
Silver member
What a disheartening story. I can only imagine how you must feel. After spending the winter doing the same as you: cleaning, polishing, greasing, patching, painting and repairing, it would break my heart to be in your position. I hope the outcome is a happy ending for you and the bike!

"Gretchen II" (Gretchen von Gearshiften)

Alheng

Alheng
Gold member
Gold member
That is heart breaking.

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Bad news mate. When you invest time in a bike and cover some miles you do get attached.

All things are possible, even if you go the insurance route you should be able to buy it back?

Cheers

Dave

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Actually its waiting on you to go down into the shed and start on it, you will have it apart and ready to start fixing the broke bits in no time, you the bloke she's waitn on

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

JOINYMAN

JOINYMAN
Silver member
Silver member
Right then, I have now taken the plunge and taken off the fairing. The question I now have to ask myself is do I try and get this repaired or do I go down another route and try and change a RT to a naked bike. Does anyone know if a the upper fairing from a K100 1985 model with the circular headlamp could be adapted to fit my 1986 RT? Also, I obviously need a radiator cover which is integrated with the petrol tank, again, is that the correct way to go? or would you say I was wasting my time and would be better off getting the original fairing repaired and back on the road.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, or perhaps there is someone out there who has these parts to sell, or know of someone who would be interested in selling.

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member
I have an RS fairing I bought about 2 years back, did some repairs rubbed it down but never finished the paintwork, it was sold to me as complete? If you are interested pm me.
I prefer a naked bike, it's all Iv'e ever known. You dont know what you ve got till its gone 22936

Last edited by ungaas on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause - added some bits)

92 K 1100 LT  6455097 (gone)

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
If you wish to fit the base model headlight then the tripple trees would need mounting holes, should be four of them as in one in each corner, inboard of the fork mount, then a backing plate or housing can go on and the headlight surround on that. the same three pin plug is used on square and round headlamps, all 86 on tanks should have the mounts for the naked cowl on the tank so perhaps just the mounting grommets for that. On the other hand a fairing can be dropped off at the local panel shop or you can do it yourself. Fibreglass comes in a kit and bog comes in a kit, they're user friendly if you like to fiddle, maybe then just the paint can be farmed out or again you can do it.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

JOINYMAN

JOINYMAN
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for the advice . I,m waiting for the parts , hope it works out.
cheers study

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum