BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty It's a small world Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:24 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
So you have an old K and joined a forum to work out the best ways of preserving the old girl.
Did you ever think you would personally already know anyone here?

After I signed up, the second person I met was Mr Klompy as we headed off to Bingara. Turns out he knows my first cousin who works at the same place.

Then had the pleasure to meet Gpguyer (Gordon) from Tamworth on Monday afternoon. Mr Klompy and myself cornered him in a local coffee shop.
After introductions we both said 'I know you'. Spent the best part of an hour and a half chatting and kicking tyres and trying to work out the connection.

So Gordon asks Mr K if he knows Mr X and of course Mr Klompy knows him.

So we head off home and I walk in the door take the helmet off and the phone rings. 'Did your kids go to St Michaels Primary?'

Gordon lived near me for a number of years, but has returned to Tamworth. My youngest left that school 6 years ago.
I would see him almost every day as we both dropped/ picked up our kids from the school but never really talked to each other. We had also met at a mutual friends house.

Who did you know?

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

2Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I just bought a rear drive that was on ebay and it turned out to be from Steve 1959 who is a forum member.
But the strangest one of all was when in 1974 I climbed to the top of Ayres Rock and while at the cairn was talking to a guy I had seen a few times the previous few days. It turned out to he lived 3 doors away from me in Brisbane.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:44 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, although quite new to this forum I've already encountered or almost encountered a few of the members. Which has been a pleasant surprise.
I met Rick G when he came down to collect all my K bits before the house demolishers took it.
Saxon7 I haven't met but have communicated with, he took an obnoxiously loud leaky K100 4-1 pipe off my hands to protect my hearing. We dropped it off in Guyra when he wasn't home.
My last K100RS/HRD outfit went to another member in Qld, can't remember the name at this stage though.
Other outside the forum. There was a K100RT outfit advertised for sale, I rang up about it. As soon as the phone was picked up I already knew the voice, "OK Nick how much do you really want?"
I went to buy a Subaru L-series wagon. Knocked on the door, when he opened the door the guy says "Hi Al, what are you doing here".
At Alice Springs, sitting in the shade at the Henley on Todd regatta, I turned to my left to find a mates son sitting next to me. He lives in Victoria. Frightened the crap out of both of us.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

It's a small world K-dogs10

4Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:19 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
By the way AL Saxon swapped the exhaust for a K75 rear drive and I just want to ask you . How the hell do I get the baffle out of the so called muffler.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

5Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:How the hell do I get the baffle out of the so called muffler.
What do you call a deer with no eyes?
I bought the bike (RS16v) with the pipe, put the sidecar on(seriously I only rode it for one day as a solo), got annoyed by the pipe, changed to an RT Monolever back end and an standard 8v exhaust. Didn't try to do anything much with pipe as I knew I'd never use it.
Al

6Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:44 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Oh well it will remain a mystery as I probably will use the front section and a staintune muffler I bought.
I can imagine how loud it is the muffler is straight through and about 1 3/4 in dia.

7Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:07 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
Here's another small world story.

Back in the early '70's, I was riding home from work on the Vincent. As I rode along Aston Road North, I passed 3 police motorcyclists stopped chatting on a corner. Of course I continued at a steady 30 mph and stopped at a set of traffic lights. Gently accelerating back to 30mph, a police bike shot passed me and flagged me down.
I stopped behind him, wondering what I had done wrong and as he walked back to me he opened his top pocket so I thought I was going to get booked.
"I've got a surprise for you", he said, as he showed me a picture of my Vincent when he owned it!
After a chat I asked him if he'd like a ride on it and he took it back down the road to show the other police motorcyclists his old bike. I waited for what seemed like ages, then one of the other policemen came along and said "He's stopped it and can't restart it".
I started to walk back to where they were parked when he said " No, get on the police bike and ride back"..........
It's amazing how the traffic gets out of your way when riding a police bike!
Happy memories,
Paul.

8Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:53 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Paul, you just reminded me of a similar one.
I had a really nice Suzuki GSX1100EFE, had it painted (at work) a US market colour instead as the orig was boring. You couldn't get them in that colour in OZ. The seat was retrimmed in the same colour.
Anyway after 6 months, 2 big speeding fines and a 12month licence probation I sold it and bought my first BMW to "slow down" Twisted Evil
Around 10 years later I'm riding through a country town in NSW (Young) with a mate when I spotted a bike on the side of the road. I had to turn around and go for a look, my mate didn't know what I was up to.
It was my old Suzuki, with me looking at it on the street, the owner came out to see what was happening. It appeared that it had not done many miles in the 10 years. When I told him it was mine and why I sold it he laughed as it had lost 2 more licences of other owner and been parked for a few gaps because of it.
Al

9Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 pm

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
I also had a 1984 GSX1100EFE ( wiseco 1250 ) yep back on undisplayed P's for me 12 mths....sold it too

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

It's a small world Au-log10

10Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:54 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I also had a GSX 1100 Es 83 model for 20 years. Couldn't afford a BMW until they get old.

Waz

11Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:37 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
One more for me.

Went for a ride today with our new member WarrenC.
Up to Kulnura for a coffee and chat.
So where you from?
Hornsby.
What school did you go to?
Normo.
What year did you finish?
Really? I don't know you.

I finished in '79

Chatting on a bench at a coffee shop 34 years later and we almost knew each other all those years ago.

Forgot the photos. Next time.

Oh. Passed a 4wd on the way there. 3 1/2 hours later passed the same 4wd in the same location (within 200m) going the other way.

K1100RS 0194321

12Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:02 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
it is indeed a small world

rosskos wife went to my school (Carlingford High ) not too many years behind ...didn't find out till we visited one time on the way to nerranderra ...small world indeed

recently revisited a holiday spot ...(my first long ride - with mates, 3 guys on 2 bikes ) - over 4000 ks return trip ...   that I hadn't seen in 38 years  "Yepoon  Queensland"

saw the pub that we won more than one meat tray.... on a Saturday midday bar visit...funny thing is no one remembers how we got home to rockhampton   ..about 40 k s off ....erm or several point to point towns on the way from Sydney to rockhamtpon  ,,,I seem to recall that cairns was the destination ..another 1000 k s up the road ...

oh! to be young, dumb and full of ....

It's a small world 2014-015

It's a small world 2014-016

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

13Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
A coupla years back I was riding along in Victoria and came upon a Vincent at the side of the road with a couple patiently waiting - as you do when far from home on a 'broken down' British motorbike. I stopped to offer them my mobile to ring someone. It turned out they were only out of petrol and their riding mate had gone to fetch some, so we chatted for a while. I'd been working in the states and had only recently returned home to OZ but had an old mate who was from New Mexico (whom I've known thirty years or more) who was right into Vincents having recently restored a Black Shadow. Turns out these two had just spent weeks together in New Mexico fiddling with my American mate's Vincent after having been corresponding for a few years during the teardown/rebuild process. The Aussie was a president of the Vic chapter or some such and was on his way to a local rally.

Now, I've an uncle in Clunes, Victoria who is often a judge or rally man when motorbike events happen in his district. I was on my way to visit my mum in Clunes and mentioned the coincidence to my uncle whilst there. He knows the Vincent bloke too, but my uncle had also had contact with my mate in New Mexico himself once when he sought out folks in OZ for Vincent spares, and he brought out the correspondence between them he'd kept from some years earlier. Small, motorcycling world. Mum just shook her head in awe at the circle and poured us all another hot cuppa, as she knows my New Mexico mate too.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

14Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:13 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:it is indeed a small world
  "Yepoon  Queensland"

It's a small world 2014-015
I remember going to that pub in 1980.  My once and only visit to Yeppoon.

Al

15Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:21 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Last year whilst in Yeppoon, I phoned a bloke and ended up with an '86 K100RS. As it was in pieces I threw it in the car with me for the trip back to Brisbane.   scratch 

Did not take a photo of the pub but I have the same photo overlooking the beach. Just down the road from the SLSC.

16Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:44 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
omg [email=...bloo@y]...bloo@y[/email] Yeppoon..... who would have thought ....hahahahahah
onya guys !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

17Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:40 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Saw a pair of leather pants online for my daughter. Ebay.

Quite local to me. Rang them up. Sure come over and she can try them on.

Chatted about bikes. The guys is looking at buying a K.

On the way out the door he mentioned he sold a pair of boots to a K owner. Some guy at Richmond.

'Mr Klompy? '
'Yeah thats him.  Keen fella. Loves a chat. '
'Yep, that's him'

K1100RS 0194321

18Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
What made you choose Ebay as your daughters name?

Al

19Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:09 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
AL-58 wrote:What made you choose Ebay as your daughters name?

Al
Because Craigslist is a boys name.

K1100RS 0194321

20Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:12 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
If you'd named her PayPal then she could grow up to be a hooker. Twisted Evil

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

21Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:08 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Does Ebay have a sister named Gumtree?

22Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rossco is fairly smart.....Ebay is the name of his fifth child, Abay was his first.

23Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Like the Mexican fireman whose wife had twins the first one he named Jose and the other Hose B.

24Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Not motorcycle related, but quite something....
When I was 19, I decided to go on vacation in the French alps and my twin brother was going in the center of France(at least 500km apart).
After 2 weeks of bad weather in the alps, I decided to go to south to seek a bit of sun rays.
I ended up on a beautiful beach (at least a km long) with only maybe 50 people sunbathing. I took a swim, and after a minute headed up to somebody else. That was my twin brother!!!! WTF was he doing there?????
He had bad weather too and also decided to go south.
You know, the thing about twins: Weird and freaky! Have the same job, ride the same bike,.....
Too many similar stories to talk about, but this one was one of the best.

CF

25Back to top Go down   It's a small world Empty Re: It's a small world Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:10 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
My wife just rode 6 hours down to the picturesque ( but very wet ) south coast of NSW, to help celebrate a best friends 40th birthday.
reaquainting herself with their family who she hasn't seen for over 10 years, someone pipes up and says I have a cousin in Newcastle who is a draftsperson.
Inquisitively my wife asks their name, as she knows someone similiar. ( name withheld , don't know why?)
that person is a close fellow riding partner of my wife's, they rode to Tassie together in 2010, with two others . 
"a small world " is simply a numbers game , coincidence is bound to occur for a vast majority of us , just where and when , no one knows.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
It's a small world 10_x_110

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum