BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

junitiger1

junitiger1
K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Bearin11
I am working with a K100 and when I was installing the transmission observed small tiny bearings, have inspect all parts around and haven't see from where they are.
Have some photos available if needed.

Last edited by junitiger1 on Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Photo of bearings)

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area 177912  Pictures would help, there are two needle roller bearings situated on the clutch lever arm pivot pin. While your there fitting a grease nipple to the arm is a good option.
Regards Martin.
K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Clutch21

junitiger1

junitiger1
MartinW wrote:K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area 177912  Pictures would help, there are two needle roller bearings situated on the clutch lever arm pivot pin. While your there fitting a grease nipple to the arm is a good option.
Regards Martin.
K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Clutch21

junitiger1

junitiger1
How can I post a photo of the bearings?

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
You need one more post first (five in total) before you can upload pictures. This rule is to slow down spambots.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

6Back to top Go down   K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Empty Small bearings in clutch area Sun May 31, 2020 1:30 pm

junitiger1

junitiger1
I am guessing they are form the diafragma.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
¿Cuantas bolas encontraste?

8Back to top Go down   K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Empty Tiny bearing in the clutch case. Sun May 31, 2020 8:25 pm

junitiger1

junitiger1
Laitch wrote:¿Cuantas bolas encontraste?

Saludos Laitch, aproximadamente 50 de ellas, tengo fotos disponible, no se cuantos comentarios tengo que realizar para postearla. Son bien pequeñas, como la cabeza de un alfiler.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
No hay rodamientos en el paquete de embrague. Are you sure these are not fine metal particles en vez de bolas? We need photographs, so keep posting until you can submit some. Laughing

10Back to top Go down   K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Empty ASAP I will post the photo. Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:38 am

junitiger1

junitiger1
Laitch wrote:No hay rodamientos en el paquete de embrague. Are you sure these are not fine metal particles en vez de bolas? We need photographs, so keep posting until you can submit some. Laughing

Is something strange, I hope someone knows where they come from, I don't want to install the transmission with a dough.

11Back to top Go down   K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Empty 10 post and still can't post the photo Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:53 am

junitiger1

junitiger1
Dai wrote:You need one more post first (five in total) before you can upload pictures. This rule is to slow down spambots.

12Back to top Go down   K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Empty Know we can see the small bearings. Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:13 pm

junitiger1

junitiger1
junitiger1 wrote:K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Bearin11
I am working with a K100 and when I was installing the transmission observed small tiny bearings, have inspect all parts around and haven't see from where they are.
Have some photos available if needed.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
They look like droppings from a robo-mouse. Are they magnetic? They wouldn't bother me; I'd toss them out and move on. If more appeared I'd set out some traps. Laughing

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
It looks like a bracelet that's been dropped in the housing when the clutch was off. The clutch then proceeded to dismantle the bracelet. As Laitch says, there's nothing like that anywhere in the engine.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Could those be balls from the throwout bearing?

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Don't worry about them, they form from wear debris and are rolled into the spherical form by the rotation of the clutch. You'll also see carbon balls form in starter motors from worn brush material.
Regards martin.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
robmack wrote:Could those be balls from the throwout bearing?
The old-style throwout bearing balls are gigantic by comparison and there are only 10 of them.
K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Old-st10

18Back to top Go down   K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Empty They are rounded precisely Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:54 pm

junitiger1

junitiger1
They were not there when I took of the clutch, when I instal the gear box, pressure plate went out of position, and when remove the gear box saw this small bearings. I inspect the pressure plate, can see where bearings can be part of the pressure plate.

19Back to top Go down   K100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Empty Small Bearings are metal Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:32 pm

junitiger1

junitiger1
Here is another foto of the bearings, thank you for the informationK100 1985 tiny bearings bottom of the clutch case area Bearin13

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
junitiger1 wrote:Here is another foto of the bearings, thank you for the information
They are most likely bits of debris altered as Martin described in Reply #16. They are not bearings. The pressure plate does not have bearings. They might be bits of metal fallen from the pressure plate. Post a photo of the pressure plate area where you believe this debris was attached. Your photos are good quality.

¿Como se llama su moto—Rocinante? If this were my moto, I'd free myself from this obsession, clean up the area and move on. Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum