BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greetings all from South Australia Empty Greetings all from South Australia Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:57 am

harrowbmw

Hello people

Just a quickie to say hello and to also say how eager I am to have a good read of some of the past posts.

I've been riding BM bikes for over 20 years and started off with a stunning 1983 base model K100 VIN 0000625.  Unfortunately I was clobbered getting home from work one evening which did substantial damage only to the K100.  With a lot of help from Pitmans Yamaha and BMW, I rebuilt and made the base model into a complete K100RS.  I purchased most of the fairing components new and others second hand, resprayed the lot and built an RS.  Now that I'm wiser and older (thank god) my project is now to return the classic K100 to its original configuration.  

The most difficult part of the job was finding the radiator shroud and small side panels that the base K used.  All the parts are now here and I'm ready to hunt down a good spray painter to return the bike to its original colour too.  My goal is to return the K back to its factory spec.  Needless to say, I will shortly have a complete RS fairing and headlight for sale.  All parts will be available both internal and external.  

My other bike is my 1999 K1200LT.  I've had this ballistic missile for just over six years and the dear thing is running like...well...a German watch.  She is awesome.  I completed its 80,000km service recently at my friend's BMW workshop and the bill came to $750....just in parts.  I believe the full price at a dealership for the 40,000...80,000...120,000 services is around AU$1500.  That's a fair bit of coin.  

But right now I'm hammer and tong working on my little K100 returning her to her full Bavarian splender.  

If anyone is around SA, don't hesitate to drop me a line to say G'day.

Cheers and kindest regards to all.

Paul Harrington

E:  corcaigh@internode.on.net

Last edited by harrowbmw on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling....as usual.)

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good first post paul
sounds like your having great fun over there ...and many of us are jelous of the stable ...
cheers mate !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Greetings all from South Australia Empty Re: Greetings all from South Australia Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:13 am

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Paul.
Gee !  vin 000625  among the first 1000 Ks built, 1983 now that's a Millésime.
Don't forget to remove excedentary valves.  Wink

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

4Back to top Go down   Greetings all from South Australia Empty Greetings all from South Australia Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:49 pm

ironbutt

ironbutt
Greetings Paul, Looking forward to some pics on your restoration.

85 K100rs WB 1051307F0040102
2010 Camaro SS

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Paul,
Great first post very informative probably worth considering editing out your email address the Bots trawl this site all the time.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum