BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cbr1000

cbr1000
Hi folks, my name is Steve and I have recently purchased a 1985 K100RT ex police bike which is the second bike in my possession. My other bike is a 1987 Honda CBR1000F which I use as a weekend run around and up until recently, my transport to and from work.  I now have a company car to use so it's better using someone else's fuel. The BMW is unregistered at the moment but I have plans to convert it to a café racer which I suppose might upset some purist.  I am 59 years old and I have been riding since I was 16 when I got my learners permit.  I am not new to BMWs' as I rode them from 1983 up to 1994 as a 'professional' rider.  (I was a NSW Highway Patrol officer and when I left the job I was a Sergeant.) I rode police bikes from 1975 including Hondas', Kawasaki and Yamaha as well as other bikes that I owned over the years. Just want to say Hi and once I get some photos I will post them of the Honda and the new project.

Cheers.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Steve, there's also a lot of others with Café builds here, so should be a good source of info for you. Enjoy the K again.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Steve.
With so many years of riding under your belt, it will be interesting to see your rating of the k100.
Don't worry about the purists..... A cafe racer could be an attractive bike too.
Cheers,

CF

New member from Narellan, New South Wales, Australia Frog15New member from Narellan, New South Wales, Australia Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from down the road Steve. Nice bike, doesn't matter what you do with it. I have a Sergeant in the family so you won't be without friends here.
Cheers RT

cbr1000

cbr1000
Thanks for the welcome guys, I have been looking at quite a few topics and the information will be well and truly put to good use.

I really did enjoy the K series bikes and I found them to be one of the most comfortable and secure bikes to ride.  I was always being told that I was mad as I continually rode in the rain.  I always felt secure and felt happy.

Cheers, Steve.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome steve ....have fun on the k

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Steve....we can always do with another knut.

mawhera

mawhera
Gold member
Gold member
welcome Steve, an ex traffic cop, brave admitting that mate, but he we need em for the 10percenters, nutters, normally self inflicted due to our wonderful indoctrination system, called play skool. cafe sounds cool, mines stock, keeping it that way, like my 40 yr old beeeza-can be boring. My next K will be electrified pure torque.
Anyone done that you know of ??

Rick
K IWI land
New Zealand

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Steve,

I am sure you will enjoy the forum.  There are a couple of other forum members that have also walked the thin blue line.  :suspect:

Cheers, Dave.

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
hi Steve ,
hope you get to enjoy the recreational side of K's, including tech and ride days.
theres a great Krew here to help you through , and are willing to listen to any info you may like to contribute.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
New member from Narellan, New South Wales, Australia 10_x_110

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum