BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Hello from Belgium Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:02 am

Kioors

Kioors
Hello all,

After some time of quietly observing, I figured it was time to register here, and participate in this really informative and fun forum!

A bit on my history with bikes.
I liked motorcycles from as long as I can remember. By the time I was 18 it was therefore obvious I should immediately get my licence. (although my parents didn't like it, they luckily didn't stop me, but instead sponsored some high quality safety gear!). I already knew what bike I wanted already before I got my licence. I didn't know what that type was called, but luckily my instructor at driving school rode that very bike – a K100RS 16v – so he could tell me.
Between 18 and 20 y.o., in belgium, only bikes with less than 25kW were allowed, so I bought myself a Chechoslovakian Jawa. As the saying goes, my first bike turned out to be indeed very much like my first girlfriend: I ended up more walking next to it that riding it.
One and half years later, I saw an ad for the very bike I wanted: a yuca green RS16v. Priced really low I immediately went over to buy it, and only afterwards found out why the price was so good: it was a foreign bike and the import documents were not complete.. L Half a year later again, and after a lot of red tape and convincing officials, all was ok, and I could ride it!
That was in 2004, and I still drive the same bike up to now.  I put 50k miles (yes the speedo is in miles, not km's) on it, going from 40k to 90k. In 2006 a car crashed into me, crushing my left foot and ankle, totalling the car (!), but the bike only needed €500 of repairs. (I lost a toe, but luckily recovered all functionality.)
Since then I had 2 K100RS16v's, bought for reselling (a black and a blue one), and a mother of pearl one for backup when the green one needs maintenance. Furthermore I still have my Jawa, as well as a Ducati 750SS for those moments i'd like something lighter and sportier, and a R60/7 that I am (very slowly) restoring for when I get bored (doesn't happen to often unfortunately Wink ).
Pic's will follow shortly, but right now I am having some electrical issues (indicators and headlight went bananas), and thus it's partly dismanteled for repairs now.

Well, that's about it I think.
Kioors.

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Re: Hello from Belgium Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:30 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome kioors

lots of experience there mate ....enjoy your rides .....the "k" is a great bike !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Re: Hello from Belgium Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 am

Hi and welcome! Smile
What sort of SS? Roundcase? Squarecase or new one?

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Re: Hello from Belgium Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:52 am

Kioors

Kioors
The SS is from 1993, so the new one. Not as legendary as the old ones, but still a damn lot of fun Cool 

The  Duc:
 Hello from Belgium 2013-010

And meanwhile I found a crude pic of the K100's in my garage, just before I left for a trip to slovenia, may this year:
Hello from Belgium 2013-011

1992 Ducati 907i.e.

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Re: Hello from Belgium Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:03 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi there Kioors welcome to the Knuthaus.
Sure looks like a good stable of bikes you got there.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Re: Hello from Belgium Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:19 am

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Welkom, Bienvenue, Welcome, KiooRS

Belgium :  10 points !

Watch out down under, for the coming take over by those crazy beer drinkers.
Je suis de Vitrival (Fosses-la-Ville), mais à Zeebrugge actuellement.
Yves

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Re: Hello from Belgium Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Kioors

Kioors
Ah, super! Fosse-la-ville.. C'est une tres belle côté du pays pour rouler a moto la-bas, je me souviens! Moi, je suis du Edegem, juste a côté d'Anvers. aucune belle route ici, mais trop d'bouchons pour rouler en voiture. Wink

Now in english again for those chaps on the other side of the planet. I was just saying how I love the roads where  B-W lives! We only live about 60km's from each other, but I live in a flat and busy part where there's traffic jams everywhere, everyday, and B-W lives in the hilly countryside I like to visit for a nice and twisty sunday drive. Very Happy

1992 Ducati 907i.e.

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Belgium Empty Re: Hello from Belgium Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:30 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Great to have you with us and excellent introduction to you and your stable of bikes.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum