BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Hello from Iceland Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:07 pm

TIV

TIV
Silver member
Silver member
Hi, I have been lurking around this Forum for a while. Many familiar names here, Renez, Themason, Zonenfeile and more people from the english speaking division of the german Flying Brick Forum and also Inge K. and more from the Motobrick Forum.  I´m 59 years old, and I have had all kinds of motorcycles since I was 20 years old. Got my first bike in 1973, it was a Suzuki TS400. I was short of cash back then, so I bought old British bikes cheap, repaired them and rode them. In 1985 I found a BMW R75/5 and restored it, and since then I have been hooked on the beemers. I´ve restored quite a few boxers, including the famous R69S, one of only two such bikes that were  imported to Iceland. I´ve had Harley´s and Japanese bikes to. Jap bikes are a lot more fun than Harley´s. Despite my tinkering and wrenching I have always looked at myself as a MC rider first and foremost. I love travelling on motorcycles.

I was always a bit curious about the flying bricks, and a few years ago, when I was offered a 1990 K75RT, I jumped on it. A low mileage ex Police bike. It had only 28.000 genuine kilometers on the clock (approximately) 17.000 miles. It had spent most of its Police life garaged! It belonged to a small Police district near Reykjavik, and the problem was they didn´t have specially trained officers to ride it most of the time it was in service, so it was auctioned due to lack of use. The guy who bought it had it for about 12 years and for some reason or other almost never used it.

It was neglected and lacked maintenance after standing unused (inside) for 12 years. I tore it apart, learned how everything worked, and repaired and changed everything that was less than 100 percent. To make long story short, I fell for this bike. It´s character is unlike any other bike I have used, and I really like the simplicity, smoothness, lightness and reliability. These bikes are unique and will be sought after in the future IMHO. For some reason it is a real fun to ride this bike. After the first summer I changed the front forks to Showa. The Fichtel & Sachs that came with it were harsh and to stiff for my taste. This upgrade did wonders and now the ride is silky smooth. Cheers, TIV

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:16 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Hello TIV, welcome to forum. I was always interested in Iceland, but never had a chance to visit. What is riding saeson like in Iceland? I believe you have interesting surroundings to ride.
Regards

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:08 pm

xpc316e

xpc316e
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome from one ex-Police bike owner to another.

VIN 0191428, 1991 K100LT, formerly owned by Lancashire Constabulary. This old warhorse is now 'out to grass' and living in retirement in Suffolk, where it will be showered with appropriate love and care.

VIN 6459609, 1992 K1100LT, another ex-Police machine, even though she now looks like she is a former fire engine.

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:33 pm

TIV

TIV
Silver member
Silver member
Hi mates. Me, my wife and an old friend did go on 2100 kilometers trip in Iceland last July. You can see pics from it here: 
https://s1073.photobucket.com/user/throsing/library/Tour%20Iceland%20July%202013?sort=2&page=1 
We got all kinds of weather, all kind of roads and all kinds of scenery. Wind from 0 to 20 meters per second, heat was from 7° 30° Celsius, never a dull moment really. Very Happy 

Here are some pictures of Icelandic scenery: Shocked 
https://s1073.photobucket.com/user/throsing/library/Tour%20Iceland%20July%202013?sort=2&page=1

And here are some pics of my beloved ex-crimefighting warhorse: I decided to keep the Police seat and the " beauty box" it´s very convenient for tools, all the small stuff, glasses, toothbrush, camera e.t.c. Some find it ugly, I say "the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". What a Face 
https://s1073.photobucket.com/user/throsing/library/K75RT%20in%20the%20country?sort=3&page=1

Cheers
T

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Life time member
Life time member
I like it T...like those lights on the engine bars too, Welcome and ride safe!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi T welcome to THE forum

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:08 am

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome TIV.
As you like the Brick, I'm sure you love this great knowledge database forum.

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:36 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi TIV,
Great to have you with us and thanks for your excellent introduction to yourself.
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Iceland Empty Re: Hello from Iceland Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 pm

10-ring

10-ring
Silver member
Silver member
great pics. and welcome
10-ring

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum