BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty coffee at Mount White Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:25 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Had a fun morning out , 
Klompy suggested a meeting so what was formerly known as " Road Warriors Cafe on the Old Pacific Highway , at Mount White, was chosen.
Not the easiest to find , but made it as per scheduled time.
The road down , formerly the F3 Freeway - now known as the Pacific Motorway M1, why does every thing need to change , damn bureaucrats.
any way this runs from my place directly to Mount White , takes approx . 1hr 10min. not today , took the Old Pacific Highway from Somersby,for the first time.
Left home at 7am , and arrived at the Cafe around 9am. 

the road travelled , some nice twisty bits in there.
http://www.whereis.com/?id=38E9A7E71CCEA2

hung out with some oversize critters at the reptilian park.
coffee at Mount White Mount_12
amazing how trusting tourists are in Oz , I gave my camera to a group of Asian travellers , a fine job.

then onto the Twisty bits.
Mooney Mooney Creek , had a ball there. definitely do it again ,
 next time Edmate and Rossko , sorry you missed it . we could try it starting from Mt white  and head to Spencer via Somersby/Peats Ridge. just a thought?

some of what lay ahead , pure bliss.
coffee at Mount White Mount_11

The Cafe was lacking suitable signage ,  we fixed that.
Klompy checking out the banner before Rendrag arrives,

coffee at Mount White Mount_13
Hmmm.. would look good in my garage .....
That 'll cost you , $100 deposit with a $10  per day late fee......but seeing as you are a nice guy , I'll make it $5 per day
I took the opportunity to pass on some shirts for the BMWTC , Klompy will give to Al later.

With a few special Forum deliveries loaded onto the Grovermobile courtesy of Rossko and Klompy for K75cster and Sean.
I'm sure that with a bit more careful juggling I could have fitted that 83 model K100 on to the left pannier.
need to get me a trailer, small , narrow and light .

coffee at Mount White Mount_20

the look on Klompy's face is priceless ,
ohhh, OK no deposit , no late fee and NO you cannot sleep with the banner.....

coffee at Mount White Mount_18

coffee at Mount White Mount_16

Damo made it in around 11am , family committments and stuff. all good.

coffee at Mount White Mount_17
almost looks as if Damo is preparing for a ducktail changeover.
the only reason I rode with him ,was he has a blue bike with a towball.

with coffees drunk and friendships formed , Klompy parted ways , a grin on his face a mile wide. enjoy  mate.
Damien and I headed North, via the the Calga interchange.to catch some more twisty's.
it took Damo and I  3 attempts to find the road north , which was actually the road that went south , then north , across to the east ,then west  before we somehow miraculously found the sun in the north again. homeward bound.
Took the Wyong exit to say thanks to Damien for the ride, guess what? hey Damo , you know the on ramp to the M1 at Wyong is now blocked ,
well so they think , damn Bureaucrats again, this will fix em.

coffee at Mount White Mount_19

I reversed through the barrier , the approach to the gate is downhill, no way I was going to push it back up hill , if it didn't fit.
the alternative was a " get lost again "detour.  I like a challenge.

thanks for a top morning out fellas , need to do it again.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
coffee at Mount White 10_x_110

2Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Rendrag

Rendrag
Silver member
Silver member
Was a pretty good day, thanks guys Smile  Got there a heap later than I'd expected - who'da thunk it'd take so long to buy a mattress - and then not end up buying one!@#!

It's funny, I've never actually stopped at the old road warriors site since they forced Max out. - didn't realise how hard it was to get straight from there to the F3 (M1 wtf?).  Turns out, when I decide to jump back on the Freeway after having lunch down that way, it's the intersection just south of there that I use to get back on the freeway - looks pretty hard to do it going north of there!

Yeah, that on-ramp at the Wyong turnoff has been closed for a while - the new one does a loop under the overpass and comes on from the other side of the bridge - you'd have to hang a u-turn at the lights as you come onto the overpass, to get onto it (or go across the overpass, u-turn at the roundabout, and come back and turn left)   - I get caught by it a few times a month :-p

3Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:56 pm

AuntieBB

AuntieBB
groverK wrote:Damo made it in around 11am , family commitments and stuff. all good.
If Id known you'd still be there that late I would have popped over to say hello too.
Next time.

4Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:13 am

bushyintas

bushyintas
Silver member
Silver member
nice pics,
brings back memories, I lived in Gosford for twenty years before moving down here,

the old Pacific Hwy from Hornsby to Gosford a daily commute, F3 was a toll way back then 60c each way and the bridge at Calga had not been built till '89 I think. Bike I owned then was a CB900F2 Bol'dor '81 the windy road still looks the same.

5Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:58 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Bushy, I lived in Wahroonga til the mid 80s
Got my license on a grey Bol dor in about 82 ish.
Rode round the industrial centre at Beaumont Road Mt Kuringai for about an hour before the test.
Was at Hornsby. Dude said 'accelerate down the car park till I drop my hand then brake hard and do an emergency stop'

There was no faking this one. On a 900 Honda I was doing 80kph in the car park heading for a cement wall and man proof fence when he dropped his hand. I stalled the bike but managed to stop. Think he was happy I was still alive.

Passed the test. I had a full car license so no restriction on what bike I could ride at the time.
Took the borrowed bike up the old road to the Gosford turn off then back down the F3 at 160kph (had my license now so felt I was allowed to go fast even though I had zero exp on a road bike). Left the bike with the owner and never rode a bike on the road for another 15 years.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

6Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
how easy it was back then to get licences Rossko, try and get one now. I expect that was the celebratory ride up the F3.

2018 Kart upgrade.

7Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Got my licence at Wyong motor registry in 1977 on an RD250. I had to ride up the street and do a U-turn with legs up and that was it.
Schoorn.

8Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
Got mine at Gosford RTA 1976 CB125J rode to TAB put a bet on and rode back.....toooo easy

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

coffee at Mount White Au-log10

9Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:05 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I got mine the first time in 83 at sunny Mt Druitt, went up the road and back thought it was over but had to do 4 x figer 8s around witches hats in the car park, pulled up very giddy and was told to do again with the blinkers.

10Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:02 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
73 ....top ryde    cb175 ..... no problems

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

11Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:33 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Think I have a bit of bragging rights here getting the license on a 900

K1100RS 0194321

12Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:53 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh  really ?.....some of us are so bloomin old there was no such thing ..... them bl##dy youthful  whippersnappers  with these big powerful muscle machines ....pity they couldn't go round corners very well .

I think id much rather say I rode a Norton 650  which would absolutely blitz any jap bike at the time around any corner you would care to consider 
yeah they leaked a little oil back in those days but the ride and sensation of torque was amazing ...soon after those gt 750 ducatis  stole the show  ... lean angle ...gargantuan

don't claim cred ...just the opportunity to experience something very different

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

13Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:18 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
charlie99 wrote:oh  really ?.....some of us are so bloomin old there was no such thing ..... them bl##dy youthful  whippersnappers  with these big powerful muscle machines ....pity they couldn't go round corners very well .

I think id much rather say I rode a Norton 650  which would absolutely blitz any jap bike at the time around any corner you would care to consider 
yeah they leaked a little oil back in those days but the ride and sensation of torque was amazing ...soon after those gt 750 ducatis  stole the show  ... lean angle ...gargantuan

don't claim cred ...just the opportunity to experience something very different
Hey, just because you old godgers can't handle progress. And I was still on a Honda. About a brazillian times bigger than a CB125:affraid: 
I went up the old road at 70kph cause of the bends.
the F3 is straight. 160.
More to point out how ridiculous the system was at the time, but hey it was still a 900.
Then probably get someone on here who got there license in a spitfire during WWII. "you can fly that thing sonny? Here is your bike license"

I remember reading something at the time about the UK. If you had a Z1300 and put a chair on it you could ride it as a learner? Can someone correct me? Talking early 80s

K1100RS 0194321

14Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:35 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
rossko wrote:

I went up the old road at 70kph cause of the bends.
same here rossko  maybe a little faster .....grinding all the way ...remember getting to mt white golden fleece petrol station a few times with the bike about to seize ....a big long break was required to get her back home again

15Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:41 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
It  wasn't to hard to get your bike licence in the eighties , I got mine in 81 in Blacktown. I had to ride from the RTA to the top of the K mart car park and back about 100 meters, then they gave me my licence. Bike was Suzuki GS650G.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

16Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:26 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The old Sargeant in Surat said to me well son I been watching you ride round town and I reckon you're OK so here's the licence without a test of any sort. And I thought I had been doing real well to avoid him seeing me.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

17Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:58 am

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
rossko wrote:Hey, just because you old godgers can't handle progress. And I was still on a Honda. About a brazillian times bigger than a CB125:affraid: 
I was working at Sara Lees at Lisarow and had a gutful of riding my pushy at 0500 every morning so bought the CB125 on the way home one day....had to ask how to ride it and then rode home in first gear till I worked it out during that first week....no car licence no idea and bloody lucky to survive the experience....so fortunate it was not a big heavy fire breather...and still scared to death on a tiddler...but I was totally addicted and still am.

coffee at Mount White Honda_10

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

coffee at Mount White Au-log10

18Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:51 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
rossko,

About 1960 learners were restricted to 250cc solo but any capacity if a sidecar was fitted.

There was a device called a Sidewinder which was, to all intents and purposes, a wheel on a stick hinged from the bike; this got round the restriction so you could have ridden your Z1300 with this hinged wheel, on 'L' plates. affraid 

Paul.

coffee at Mount White Untitl10

Last edited by sidecar paul on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found a picture)

19Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
I was a late bloomer, so I come with all the warranty's and assurances of being a good rider..........ha ha , 
the compulsory riding courses are , in my opinion, well worth it, the knowledge available is priceless.
though , after time you do tend to find your own individual riding preferences , and in certain cases contrary to all training provided.
gained my MC licence just before the new millennium, having already a car/truck licence, once passing my provisional, I was then permitted to ride any size MC.
so  my time on the old GSX 250 was short lived , my sights were set on a bit more power and comfort,  the K was my preference. 
It was very daunting with minimal experience . the additional training has certainly helped in forming techniques and responses whilst riding , that doesn't mean I am the safest or most responsible motorist ,        no fun in that now............... is there?

2018 Kart upgrade.

20Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Fairfield, 1976 on a Suzuki TC185. Rare beast these days.

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

coffee at Mount White K-dogs10

21Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty coffee at Mount White » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:23 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Rode a Suzuki TS185 from Cabramatta to Forbes (about 340klm) in 1973, Police Sarge said your are an idiot but a live one so here's your licence.
He was right of course. (got overtaken by a Beemer on Mt. Victoria pass and said to myself "one day I'll have one of those)", as my feet were on the pillion pegs trying to get respite from the lawn mower vibrations. Musta been a R90S I guess, should've got one a long time ago.

22Back to top Go down   coffee at Mount White Empty Re: coffee at Mount White Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:39 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Port Moresby, 1978? on a Suzuki TC100. 

Turned up for my appointment only to be told to go away.  Friday arvo and they were more interested in playing cards.  Back home, phone call to Mum.  Quick chat with her boss, Superintendant Barry Baxter.  Phoned back in ten minutes and told first thing Monday morning. 

Arrived on time, quickly came out, drove up the road turned up a side street, u-turn and back to the station.  No problem sir, passed first time and off to Transport for a photo licence.  (Bet you didn't have those in Aussie in those days.)

I guess the local K**tstables did not like getting torn new a***holes.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum