BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greetings from Granbury, Texas, USA Empty Greetings from Granbury, Texas, USA Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:44 pm

slowride

slowride
I'm a new fella on the block and the proud owner of a 1985 K100RT. This bike was originally purchased by my ex father-in-law as the bike of his dreams. Since 1985 he has lusted for one of these machines but didn't get ahold of one until 1998. Even though he is my "ex" father-in-law, we have remained close and over the years I've watched him baby this bike and maintain it to a standard that would make the most studious devotee feel ashamed.

Unfortunately this one time professional sky diver and all around crazy son of a gun is having some health issues that makes riding a physical challenge. He took it on one last trip to Austin and back (about 230 miles from here) and it's been parked for the past few months. I had no clue that he was considering parting with it but imagine my surprise when I received a call from him asking if I wanted it. You see, he'd rather give it to me and still get to see it than sell it to a stranger.

I am honored by his gift....a brilliant white K100RT with a one off custom Ray Randolph fuel tank. Presently, I have all of the skin off of the bike along with the tank. A loose hose clamp caused fuel to run down the base of the tank jacking up the paint a bit and there are a couple of cracks in the fiberglass of the lower left skin panel that I'm addressing.

I look forward to meeting ya'll and learning what I can about these bikes.

Slowride

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Slowride,
Thanks for the picture of that fine machine. Welcome to what could and should be described as the kinder, gentler List for BMW K devotees (people of taste and discernment). We don't have any flame wars or harsh words and we swap help and assistance. If only all of life was like this list. Take good care of that bike with classic bikes we don't really own them, we just hold them in trust for future generations and have some fun along the way.
Regards,
K-BIKE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum