BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Introduction Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Das Bitchz

Das Bitchz
Hi everyone,

I'm from Montreal Canada, I'm 50 years old and I ride since I'm 18, owning a Honda CM400T as a first Bike. I learn riding with this bike, I also learn to get in the ditch...then got a Suzuki Katana 1982 for a year and then stop riding for a while...till I got a K75S, this K75S was just so much fun, but not powerful enough for me and the wife...so I bought this R1150RT Boxer Bimmer which was killing me....killing my back, my ass, my wrist...this was the most uncomfortable bike I've ever riden, I hated it!...I sold it at the end of the season!...I got good money because the bike was looking good...but that's about it! Boxer engine not for me!..in my view this Bike was only good looking, but what a pain to drive, no power, bulky, You know that good looking girl you're going out with that make your life miserable!
I was really missing my K75 but on the 1st January of the following year...I got lucky and found that 1991 K100RS/1 with 80K...(Not sure if it's the real mileage though)....now this thing is not only looking good, it goes!,I did 237 Km/h not bad for a 80 K Machine! it is ultra comfortable for long ride (Thanks to my Aero Flow windscreen (the Best) and Corbin seat). I did a few mod on it like on/off direct switch for radiator fan, removing the original windscreen, brake leds lightning and so on. I bought a K100RS 1987 for parts, dismantled it and sold the running train...so plenty of parts for years to come!

I just blew my transmission last summer, I've found one in LA and got a Parelever for 550 US! I will change it this winter I also cracked my original exhaust and I am waiting after my Black whole exhaust system to come by
anytime soon, while I'm at it I will paint the rim black and stick some Michelin's on it!

If anyone have special tips on transmission removal and splines maintenance please let me know!

Das Bitchz

2Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:05 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Das Bitchz welcomr to the Knuthaus.
When you remove the trans make sure the rear main engine seal is good before you replace thr trans.
The seals have a habit of leaking when getting old and considering the cost its worth replacing it unless you know it has been done recently.
Dismantle the clutch and measure the thickness and check the steel plates for warping and dishing and reassemble with 50% moly grease like guard dog or Staburags on the spline, wire ring and diaphragm spring.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:19 am

JR_K100RS

JR_K100RS
Life time member
Life time member
G'day Das Bitchz , good looking KRS you have there , I've read a little about Black Hole exhausts , interested to see how that goes

Welcome

JR

4Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:24 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool 

Hi Das Bitchz, welcome to the forum lots of information on this site you will have to let us see a pic with your new exhaust never seen a black hole exhaust.

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:51 pm

GTJos

GTJos
Silver member
Silver member
Hello there, Das Bitchz !
Very welcome and indeed: a good looking bike ! 
I am curious about your new exhaust; please post a pic a.s.a.p. ?!
Regards
Jos

1986 K100RS 0085647 + sidecar Velorex 562
                                1985  K100RT  0027026

6Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:48 am

moose97

moose97
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome!

7Back to top Go down   Introduction Empty Re: Introduction Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:31 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you with us and you will find lots of great advice.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum