BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty New, from Denmark Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:39 pm

tromilu

tromilu
Hi Folks,

I joined this forum when I bought a 1989 K100LT in 2012.

The bike has a history from Hungary and later importing into Italy. When I imported the bike to Denmark it was Italian registered. It was now been trough customs check and passed the "MOT", Danish road safety testing.

I had the bike in my garage for a year before I startied looking more closely for what "treatment" this bike needed. Cosmetially it was dirty, scratced and looking like sh...!
A few of my other bikes need finish before I "open" this new new K100 projekt.

The K100LT look really sad when I picked it up, but it started and the engine runs reasonable stabil, without bad mechanical noises and no smoke or misfiring.
When I started taking the bike apart most of the vital parts checked out fine. Drive shaft splines was in good condition but seriously dry and in need of new grease. I changed the rear brake disc and pads. All rubber boots, fork dust seals were cracked. Minor problems really.
The ABS system was showing fault. I took a readout of the ABS diagnostic from the test plug using a voltmeter and discovered two fault. One low voltage fault and a sensor problem. I realigned the hall sensor, crossed fingers and ereased the fault memory. Wupti - no more faults.

I removed an outdated alarm system and restored the wiring back to original layout.
A long list of service items have now been changed and fairing has been repaired after from the inside. Typical fall over damage, no servere scratces, but fractures indicating strong sideway pressure.

Anyway it´s not assembled again and the next riding season will show how well it alcually runs and the decision to give a re-paint NeXT Winter will be taken.

Would like to renew the seat and fit a K1100LT adjustable Wind screen.

Best regards,

Troels Lund

New, from Denmark Img_0812

Last edited by tromilu on Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor editorial changes, misspellings)

2Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome here  Very Happy   Worship

3Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:58 pm

henkozzy

henkozzy
Welcome Troels  Very Happy 

4Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:10 pm

moose97

moose97
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome!

5Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Troels welcome to the forum

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:37 am

k-rider

k-rider
Life time member
Life time member
Hej troels
velkommen til
hilsen

k-rider

7Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:11 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Smile

8Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:40 pm

klamityboy

klamityboy
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome from the west coast of Canada.

Model Description: K 75RT
Market: Europe
Type: 0565
E-Code: K569
Engine: 3_ZYL - 0,70l (55kW)
Transmission: Manual
Body Color: Polizeiweiss
Production Date: 30.08.1990

9Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:11 pm

malcoops

malcoops
Silver member
Silver member
hey troels,

welcome fronm another newbie, my best mate lives in denmark and has done now for 25 years,he is stationed in copenhagen and imported a yammie xj900 from australia over there,since long gone

10Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:57 pm

GTJos

GTJos
Silver member
Silver member
Very Happy Hi there, Troels !
Very welcome; enjoy !!

Greetings from Holland

Jos

1986 K100RS 0085647 + sidecar Velorex 562
                                1985  K100RT  0027026

11Back to top Go down   New, from Denmark Empty Re: New, from Denmark Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:05 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Troels,
Good to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum