BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Classic ride Empty Classic ride Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:12 pm

koojo1962

Hi all its been awhile, but my ride and I are back on the road. She was a 1989 K100RS Special with ABS that I bought new while I was serving in Germany, however in 1997 I turned her into a RT, in 98 I had an ABS fault and back then I didnt want to spend the money on a brain soooo I removed all traces of the ABS system. Now in 2014 I would like to return her back into a RS. If anyone is interested in swapping parts RS for RT I would like that. I also like the new trend to convert to cafe so if I cant find someone to swap I will take the plunge and start stripping her down. I<ve seen alot of pics of the cafe style and have seen some write ups but if you have words of wisdom in regards to the cafe conversion please dont be shy, thanks all. I<m still serving in the canadian military but will be retiring next year after 33 years.

2Back to top Go down   Classic ride Empty Re: Classic ride Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:31 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
g'day mate , welcome to the throng.

http://www.airware.com.au

3Back to top Go down   Classic ride Empty Re: Classic ride Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:23 am

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from Ireland!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

4Back to top Go down   Classic ride Empty Re: Classic ride Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:58 pm

rawdonball

rawdonball
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome from the land of Bogans, Petrol heads, Down trodden bikkies, etc, etc plus a few conservative immigrants!

If 1962 is your birth date Mate - what on earth are you doing toying with thoughts of "café". Is this a mid life crisis of sorts?

They are not "words of wisdom" but if I was to overcome my NATURAL shyness I would say "please don't café"

5Back to top Go down   Classic ride Empty Re: Classic ride Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:01 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
With the amount of people stripping good bikes and turning them into whatever you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone with a spare kit of RS bodywork.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Classic ride K-dogs10

6Back to top Go down   Classic ride Empty Re: Classic ride Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:06 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard, from another down under

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   Classic ride Empty Re: Classic ride Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:45 am

koojo1962

Thanks guys I really feel welcome here. Like most everyone here Im a tickerer of sorts I have just about as much fun taking my bike down to the frame as I do riding. A friend of mine thinks I prefer the latter. I have done a few mods to correct some of the hmmm problems of the bike such as install greasers on the center stand pivots and weld reinforcement strips under the stand. I will soon post pics. I am an aircraft structures tech. I have skills in machining and own a lathe (9.5-20)and a vertical milling machine. So I like the idea of helping out and participating in someones projects. Sooooo many projects so little time.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum