BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello From Colorado, USA Empty Hello From Colorado, USA Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:58 pm

jscwerve

jscwerve
Hello all, new to the forum, and new to BMW motorcycles. Just picked up my first one. An 85 K100RT that has some interesting parts on it. It looks to me that this once had the RT fairing and it has been removed. The best guess I have on what is on the bike now is the fairings from a 1991 k750 because under the seat the tail section has a sticker from the 91. The vin sticker and frame stamp match the 1985 title. 

Anyways, the bike runs AMAZINGLY well. I've had this bike less than a week and I know that I have been missing out on other bikes. If this old bike runs this great and smooth being 30 years old I can't imagine how nice newer bikes are. I'm sold on BMW. 

Bike has 41000 miles on it (nothing). When the weather turns I plan on doing a full service of the splines, clutch if it needs it, etc. Nice to find this place and I hope to be able to contribute!

J.C.
Hello From Colorado, USA Foubndw

2Back to top Go down   Hello From Colorado, USA Empty Re: Hello From Colorado, USA Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Kyle10

Kyle10
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome, J.C. 

Now don't just stand there - throw up some pics  What a Face

Also, if you'd like include the year of your bike and the last 7 VIN digits in your signature (ref. my sig.). Makes it easier for everyone to help troubleshoot, buy/sell parts, ridicule, guffaw, etc.

3Back to top Go down   Hello From Colorado, USA Empty Re: Hello From Colorado, USA Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:21 pm

jscwerve

jscwerve
I'll have some pics up tonight, I can't post them up from work (image hosting sites blocked). It's really pretty for its age.

85 K100RT #0050780

4Back to top Go down   Hello From Colorado, USA Empty Re: Hello From Colorado, USA Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:11 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hi J.C.
WelKome to the forum. Brought to you by the letter K.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Hello From Colorado, USA Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum