BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Hello from Ireland Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 am

Ogri

Ogri
Hi all. Looks like I've stumbled upon some kindred spirits...my intro will be short as the sun is shining (for a change) here in the south-east coast of Ireand. I ride a 1986 BMW K100 and a Gilera RC600.
I've been riding for over 25 years and have owned 54 previous bikes...I got this beemer as a project bike and intend doing some restoration, Its not in bad condition, just needs tidying up. It runs and drives smooth.
I'm not sure if I can put up our wee site...but I will and admin can delete/edit as they see fit.
We are a free thinking and liberal Irish bike site for bikers, drop by and say Ogri sent you...
Hello from Ireland Icon_bounce

http://www.globalmotorbikes.com/forums/index.php

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Hi Ogri and welcome to the K100rt forum.

We are not exclusive and don't consider The K100 as THE bike. Other modern bikes are certainly better than our old 25 YO K100 but.... we love the K100.
Any good reading (even on other forums) is good for us.
This forum is K100 oriented, but some of its members own another type(or brand) of bike too.

Thanks for sharing

Bert

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Ogri

Ogri
Thats cool Crazy Frog...Looks like I have a lot of reading to do here.
I will be here more often as I want to learn everything about the K100

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:57 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
and don't consider The K100 as THE bike

Bert! What are you saying? You might have to wash your mouth out with soap!

Say three "Hail the K100" and ask for forgiveness.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Here here Neil could not agree more Very Happy I had to rush out into the garage to tell Siegfried Bert was only joking and he and his brothers and sisters are still number one in our pantheon of motorcycles, don't want him getting all emotional whilst I am riding and refusing to run like a horse refusing a fence.

Welcome on board Ogri, good to have you with us. My connection with the fair isle is I belong to ARA 348 Irish Constitution Masonic Lodge and really enjoy Irish Constitution Freemasonry here in New Zealand.
Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:34 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
and don't consider The K100 as THE bike
Hello from Ireland Affraid

Ogri,
Welcome,

Crazy Frog (Bert) started this site and he has a wealth of knowledge beyond belief...BUT...he goes off half cocked now and again so you have to make allowances. The K series is "THE" bike and you will be riding it in preference soon. I can't recall all my bikes but I have had many, The"K"is the one I feel emotion about. It was the first with everything that other so called better bikes have copied. Hello from Ireland Affraid

Shame on you Bert.

K-Bike...I too am on the square. Dacre 2086
Ajays

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm

kuk

kuk
Welcome to be friends here are very good company

Greetings from Tarragona

Hello from Ireland DSC03365%20%28Medium%29

Photo taken in the Swiss Alps virtue past summer

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:45 am

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
Hi Ogri,
Bert, aka 'Crazy Frog' once had a Suzuki 750 GT. That might explain things a bit. And he raced sidecars I think... K100, its the BIKE. Dont tell everyone though, they might all want one.
Welcome to the site from London.
Boris the Bike.

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Who me ???

The following picture is very interesting. In 2006, when riding back from a BMWMOA rally in Vermont I stopped at a German fellow's house having a private BMW museum (at least 100 bikes in like new condition). I saw this sidecar and started to inquire about it. It was is own, and we discovered that we were racing on the same tracks in the late 70s (European tracks).

As usual, I am the monkey. (At the time I had not been promoted to a frog and originally I was on a hack with a Suzuki 750gt engine)Very Happy
No wonder that now I have problems with my shoulders.... My mother always said: "Wait when you will be older" Darn, she was right!

Hello from Ireland IMG_2982

Here is some of my pictures of the rally. The museum is at the bottom. Sorry, you won't see the K100 as it was so hot that I took the K75. You won't see any K in this museum as he doesn't want to deal with the electronic Question

In order to serve beer at the rally, I took the State's exam and I got licensed as a bartender in Vermont. I was very disappointed when I learned that you are not allowed to drink when on duty Embarassed

10Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:53 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Bert,
I enjoyed looking at those beautiful machines, thanks for that, that sure was some rally.
Ajays

AJAYS

11Back to top Go down   Hello from Ireland Empty Re: Hello from Ireland Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Yes it was a great rally.
9600 people (even some riders from Europe).
It took 10 days, 6,500 kms for a 3 days rally only 1,200 K from home.
We had a lot of fun riding on all the small mountain roads in Vermont and New Hampshire.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum