BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Hello All from Ireland Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:58 pm

electric_monk

electric_monk
Silver member
Silver member
Hello All

Just joined the site recently after stumbling across it.

I got my first K100RS about 6 and a half years ago because I wanted something cheap and reliable that I could use for putting up the big mileage I was doing when working as an instructor. It was a 1985 model which originally an RT, the bike was tatty but worked well. A couple of years later my Africa Twin was stolen and I replaced it with an R100GS. So now I was a confirmed BM man.

Two and a half years ago I was out for a run late at night in the country when a rather large Stag decided that he didn't appreciate the looks of the K and lept from the hedge onto the front of the bike. When the bike was lifted home it started first time and I had great plans for doing something special with it. Unfortunately my ambition out strips my ability and I eventually sold it to a friend who was in need of something even more cheap and cheerful, but not before buying a 1991 16v RS from another mate.

The bike has a Harmon Chip fitted and a full Remus system which unfortunately is upswept and so does not allow the fitment of the pannier on the left. Once I get the front fork seals replaced this week I will be able to really enjoy it.

2Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:05 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard electric_monk. Hmmm I'll have to ponder on the meaning behind that user name. Sounds like a great bike.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

3Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Along my man. There's a wealth of info on the forum to help you keep your k running. I'm just down the coast from you and sometimes use the bike for runs into "the big smoke". Are you still instructing?

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

4Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to board. Smile

OG

5Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome electric ...good to have you aboard

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:23 pm

electric_monk

electric_monk
Silver member
Silver member
88KE wrote:Welcome Along my man. There's a wealth of info on the forum to help you keep your k running. I'm just down the coast from you and sometimes use the bike for runs into "the big smoke". Are you still instructing?

Thanks for the welcome, took up a full time job a number of years ago and am specifically barred from giving instruction because of my current occupation.

g35corona...as for the user name, almost all of my cars and bikes have been named after characters from Douglas Adams books.

And before I get any stick for it, I will try and get an avatar pic of me on the K

7Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Electric. Obviously you are a bright spark joining this forum.

8Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:20 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome lots of info here for you.

BIG D

9Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:54 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
hello electric monk. Douglas addams and terry pratchett books have helped shape my odd perception ( not the one about everything being an unusual shade of pink ) on the world .

http://www.airware.com.au

10Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yeah terry pratchett sure has a different slant on things ...loved the series running out here of some of his tales ....hogfather ..etc ...um didnt he contribute to some of the more recent dr who stuff as well ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

11Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:28 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Electric, good to have you here.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Hello All from Ireland 170874

12Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:10 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard - lots of info and tips to be had here and a great bunch of folks too Wink

13Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Electric Monk the place that has a solution for everything K.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

14Back to top Go down   Hello All from Ireland Empty Re: Hello All from Ireland Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:36 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum