BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Soaked spark plugs Empty Soaked spark plugs Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 am

d5alilij

Hello guys,

I have an issue on an K75RT 1994. I bought this bike in january and the bike didn't start. After installing new spark plugs the engine started normaly but now the problem reocurred, the engine wont start again. I couldn't measure any resistance on the spark plug cables but this is probably normal (6kOHM). When I removed the spark plugs, I noticed that the plugs are soaked with fuel and covered with graphite all black. Normaly this means too rich mixture with fuel. I checked the water temp sensor and the values were ok cca. 3,5kOHM at 15 degrees celsisus on both pins. When I shorted the second wire wich is going into the engine overheating unit, the fan didn't run and no light was lit? I'm affraid that the engine was overheated before because of that. Anyway I measured the air flow sensor and the resoults on constant is normal cca 360OHM and the air temp sensor seams to be ok with 207OHMs at 15degees celsius, but the othe two measures vere way too high. I youst wandered if the sensor on a K 100 is the same as on K75 and I can assume that this sensor is defect. The iddle switch operates normaly.

I also would appreciate some instructions how to reach the air mass flow meter with the least work possible(how to remove the air filter housing)?

Thanks for any help

with best regards

Ales

2Back to top Go down   Soaked spark plugs Empty Re: Soaked spark plugs Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:39 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I believe the air flow sensor is the same on the K75 and K100.
Have you check This page?

There is no easy way to remove the air filter housing. The measurements could be taken at the FI computer plug.

Bert

3Back to top Go down   Soaked spark plugs Empty Re: Soaked spark plugs Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:01 am

d5alilij

Hello Bert,

First of all the page is perfect, I've never seen something like that not even in factory workshop manuals.

as I described I've got some high measured values on air flow meter altough the fuel pump was disconected. The constant 8-5 and termo couple 8-9 gave normal readings of resistance 362 and 207 but the 7-5 and 7-8 measures vere way to high over 100 and 400 ohms. I measured on the EFI connector with fuel pump disconected. I didn't check the air flow meter flap or the air flow meter connector visually. That's why I ask for instructions how to get near air flow meter what do I have to dismount, it's an RT with complete body. I also don't know if the higher resistance gives into EFI more air data than actually? I didn't check the fuel pressure and the injectors if they leak too much fuel. The bike has an mileage of 110000 km.

Thank's

Ales

4Back to top Go down   Soaked spark plugs Empty Re: Soaked spark plugs Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:13 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
The K75 plugs normally read open circuit as they have a spark gap in them which BMW or more likely Bosch decided were necessary on the single ended coils but not on the double ended K 100 coils.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Soaked spark plugs Empty Re: Soaked spark plugs Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
d5alilij wrote:
I also would appreciate some instructions how to reach the air mass flow meter with the least work possible(how to remove the air filter housing)?

To remove the air filter canister, you have first to learn how to swear.

First, you remove the clips on the side in order to remove the filter. You may drop one of them on the top of the engine. Remove the piece of foam on the top of the canister. Lift the top part of the canister and and pull the filter(Its not much room to lift it)

Then, you have to unplug the electrical of the MAF and then remove the clamp around the intake manifold.
After swearing a lot, you should get the MAF in your hand an will be ready for a cold one.

The radiator doesn't have to be removed.

Soaked spark plugs Klump110

6Back to top Go down   Soaked spark plugs Empty Re: Soaked spark plugs Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:39 pm

d5alilij

Thank you wery much the procedure is detailed I love it, I see that I'll have a lot to do for this weekend. I will make some pics and keep you informed of the procedure.

Thank's

Ales

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum