BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member renewed rider old brick Empty New Member renewed rider old brick Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Beamer_Bill

Beamer_Bill
Hi everyone !  Although I haven't been an active rider for 25 years the dormant lust for a K bike was satisfied on New Years Eve.  Swung a leg over and tried an '88 K100 LT for a 1/4 mile on a gravel driveway ..... Hooked all over again  Very Happy  While I wait for spring I am learning all I can about how to care for this treasure.  Currently establishing a maintenance base line although everything looks, feels and sounds good!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Mr Bill welcome to our strange world. On the portal page you will find a link to "so you just bought a BMW what now" or something like that. Ted Verril did a great job with it so have a read it will give you a lot to think about and do.  Any questions you have will be willingly answered here.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   New Member renewed rider old brick Empty Maintenance base Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Beamer_Bill

Beamer_Bill
Yes, I have seen it already and I am already acquiring the requisites.  As it was linked from here joining seemed logical as more info will be needed.
Thank you

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

5Back to top Go down   New Member renewed rider old brick Empty Re: New Member renewed rider old brick Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome!

It was 35 years for me...

Life time member
Life time member
Lots of us in the "extended riding break" category. It was 15 years for me. I always encourage people to take a few refresher lessons from a good professional instructor. It helps get you back into "thinking bike". It will improve your skill, control and safety levels and help you be more assured about your riding which ultimately improves your enjoyment. 

Good to have you along.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard bill

have fun with the k ....  obviously most of us do already

enjoy !!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum