BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty 85 K100rt towbar?? Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:40 pm

normanmarina

Anyone fitted a towbar to a K100rt? Any advice/ideas most welcome.Thanks,Colin.

2Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:24 pm

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
I think the ones i have seen pics of the towbar brackets seem to connect where the footpegs bolt onto.

Theres a pic of one to order furthur down on this page

http://www.classicind.com.au/cgi-bin/newlist.cgi#

3Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:49 am

normanmarina

Thanks for that,doesn't look to difficult,may have a go,cheers,Colin.

4Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:14 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
It looks like the long bars might go from the back of the towbar bracket to where the pannier bracket bolts onto by the seat? this would give extra support, it proberbly wouldnt take much to actually make one, might be a lot cheaper, there very expensive for a little bit of metal.

Just seen this listing on ebay, it has a towbar fitted and might give some ideas as how to make one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-K-100-RS-K100RS-PROJECT-BARGAIN-K-100-/150453685402

5Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:16 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hey Colin,
Classic Industries is just up the road from me.

If you want, I can go and find out more information about the towbars if you wish.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

6Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:23 am

normanmarina

blakey wrote:Hey Colin,
Classic Industries is just up the road from me.

If you want, I can go and find out more information about the towbars if you wish.
Thanks very much,any plans would be great!!

7Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
I'll try and get there this week. Are you in any hurry?

8Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:47 am

normanmarina

blakey wrote:I'll try and get there this week. Are you in any hurry?
No hurry mate,cheers.

9Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
@ normanmarina.

Went and saw the guy at Classic Industries today. He wasn't saying much about the mounting points as I would think that people go there and pick his brain and make their own. There is no doubt he would be more forthcoming with help if someone actually bought one from him!

They are well made and have all of the bits (SS bolts, electrical connections, zip ties, 50mm tow ball etc).

From what I could gather, what badgerdid said is correct. They appear to mount to the rear foot pegs and also the pannier bracket bolts by the seat.

He said that you never attach the towbars to the swingarm
(he has seen a few).

But the trailers he sells...wow, they are spectacular. Ice boxes, disk brakes, swivel hitches (so you can actually lean into a corner), lots of colours, SS fittings. LED lights. Brilliant.

I hope this information helps.

10Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:19 am

normanmarina

blakey wrote:@ normanmarina.Thanks for that mate,will have a measure and a sketch,see what I can come up with,will inform on progress!!Regards,Colin.

Went and saw the guy at Classic Industries today. He wasn't saying much about the mounting points as I would think that people go there and pick his brain and make their own. There is no doubt he would be more forthcoming with help if someone actually bought one from him!

They are well made and have all of the bits (SS bolts, electrical connections, zip ties, 50mm tow ball etc).

From what I could gather, what badgerdid said is correct. They appear to mount to the rear foot pegs and also the pannier bracket bolts by the seat.

He said that you never attach the towbars to the swingarm
(he has seen a few).

But the trailers he sells...wow, they are spectacular. Ice boxes, disk brakes, swivel hitches (so you can actually lean into a corner), lots of colours, SS fittings. LED lights. Brilliant.

I hope this information helps.

11Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty towbar on ebay Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:03 pm

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Theres a towbar for sale on ebay for the k100 if anyones interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-K100-RS-LT-K100LT-K100RS-TOW-BAR-TOWBAR-/150462696571

12Back to top Go down   85 K100rt towbar?? Empty Re: 85 K100rt towbar?? Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
I recently purchased a towbar for a K100rt from fellow member Rendrag.
very friendly service and plenty of good advice ,
have been fiddling with it today 
my 87 RT and 89LT seem to have the same mount points.
, so with some minor adjustment will be able to anchor it to the LT.
most of the aforementioned info sounds fairly correct, so it will be mainly pics to add.
one difference to note will be the ABS unit . no great issue ,some minor adjustment of the brake line on the right side unit.
 Damien already had it all clued out for me.
 ( even colour pic and wiring schematic included in the delivery)keep an eye out for him on his VFR800 and trailer at Far Kairn.
hope to have the towbar on for FK.
this is how I finished up with the towbar wiring.

this is how it has progressed for the kart.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
85 K100rt towbar?? 10_x_110

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum