BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Click Click Click Empty Click Click Click Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:06 pm

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Any thoughts please. K100 rs 140000 ks I can hear a soft clicking noise coming from back of engine?gearbox. I have killed the engine and coasted down a hill and can still hear it. had the diff rebuilt and noise is still there. It is a steady click not intermittent.

2Back to top Go down   Click Click Click Empty Re: Click Click Click Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:31 pm

Alex_GER

Alex_GER
Silver member
Silver member
My best bet would be: generator rubber dampers (No9)

But that'S just me guessing?!?

http://www.students.uni-mainz.de/alotz/portfolio/

3Back to top Go down   Click Click Click Empty Re: Click Click Click Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:17 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Albyalbatross1 wrote: I have killed the engine and coasted down a hill and can still hear it.

Question: When you were coasting with the engine off, did you have the transmission in neutral and the clutch pulled in?
In neutral with the clutch pulled in, the noise (click) has to come from the transmission or anything on the back, Something stupid like a warped disk brake can generate a noise like a "click click" every time the high point touch the brake pads.

4Back to top Go down   Click Click Click Empty Re: Click Click Click Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:36 am

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Crazy, Had chance to check this again. It still made noise in neutral, in gear, engine off, and with the rear brake on. Turns out you were quite right, it was one of my front brake disks!! Thanks.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum