BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Clutch housing wire ring - function? Empty Clutch housing wire ring - function? Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 pm

bobthebob

Hello all - just spent the last several hours searching fruitlessly for the 'wire ring' that sits inside the clutch housing of my 87 k75s... dealer won't have one till thurs - the same day i have to have the bike together (for various reasons)...

Most unhappy.

Anyway i had been assuming that the ring was a retaining ring for the diaphragm spring until i remembered that actually it sits inside the housing.

As such i am confused as to the purpose of this part. Can anyone enlighten me?

Cheers,
Bennett

It's a required spacer ring to take up the gap a bit between the pressure plate and diaphragm spring, ie, it gives the spring more tension.

Is the original stuffed and not reusable, or just lost?

bobthebob

Jokes on me - the clutch ring was there the whole time! again - i was picturing some sort of snap ring and not something so heavy. also mine was pretty well stuck in there and not moving at all - plus i had already installed the clutch housing so my angle of view was not so good.

Ok - those are my excuses and i'm sticking to them!

Thanks to everyone anyway, that's another lesson learned in any case.

I thought long and hard about just not saying anything, but what the hell - can't save your ass and your face at the same time.

Humility is good for the soul in any case.

Cheers
Bennett

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Bennett, anything that helps others, and that's learning from ones (or others) mistakes is greatly appreciated. And we've all (!) been there one way or another. Thanks for sharing. Clutch housing wire ring - function? Icon_biggrin

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Clutch housing wire ring - function? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum