BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

club_c

Life time member
Life time member
Still waiting on the arrival of the refurbed Ford injectors, looked at his auction page, seems like he knows what he's talking about. So far two shops have looked at my injectors and worked on them without success. First job I paid for under the table and thought that $100 was gone, but talked to him nice and he refunded all the cash. Second place didn't even charge me. So far I'm not out any cash except to buy the other injectors. And several days of my life trying to troubleshoot that I'll never get back...

Bert, 7 pages, 99 replies, 1150+ views. What's the forum record?

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
Do you know if ultrasonic cleaning was used in trying to fix your injectors?
My bike had been standing for about ten years when I put it back in use.
I took my injectors to a local tech and he tested them for me.
There was a weak squirt and a bad spray pattern.
After cleaning with ultrasound they where good as new.
Cheers,Wikur

Last edited by wikur on Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Yep, ultrasonic was used. The problem is they won't even pop open enuf to allow any fuel to pass. If they could get them to open at all I expect they'd have been able to clean them completely. The outsides look very clean tho.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
SOLVED: And... it looks like phil and robinm are the winners of that skill testing question, it was the injectors.

Received and installed the refurbished Ford injectors tonight, and I have a running K finally. Not running well yet mind you, still need to set up the idle and balance the TB's, but at least that painful experience is over. Thanks to all that contributed!

Bert, the computer never even came out of the box, I'll have it sent back shortly.

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
I can sleep at last Very Happy

But seriously really really glad it is solved and you can actually ride rather than fix.

It also answers the question can all three/four injectors get stuck?

Well done!

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
was I wrong!? I demand satisfaction, please summarize SmileSmile just kidding, have great first ride Smile

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Glad to hear that your problem is finally resolved.
I still cannot understand how 4 injectors could get stocked at once.
What kind of additive did you put in the gas? crazy glue? Very Happy
It would be interesting to keep the old injectors and when you have time, to open one and see why they locked.

Another 'no start' condition (SOLVED - new injectors) - Page 3 Frog15Another 'no start' condition (SOLVED - new injectors) - Page 3 Logo2101986 k75, 1985 K100rt, 1985 K100rt/EML GT2 sidecar, 1999 K1200lt/Hannigan Astro Sport sidecar.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, kept them all.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum