BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty 2nd intro Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Beamernack

Beamernack
Hi all,
Long time, no logon! I'm now trying with a new registration, as I couldn't get the password renewal function to work for me!!
So, same techno dinosaur (rawdonball) but different email address and username...
Looking forward to being able to post more questions.

Regards.

2Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:27 am

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome back Beamernack Smile

3Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:04 am

Beamernack

Beamernack
Thanks Arlina.
I now have a northern hemisphere bike - to replace my Oz East coast bike which was stolen! - it's a 16valve K100 which I purchased off eBay uk for £1500 (the kind gentleman included a good helmet, leather jacket and leather pants for an extra £80!).
I'd flown in from Australia and taken the train down to Taunton to see the bike - above meant I could get on and ride it back to Oxford (to a mate's place - before doing any checks involving tools), so I reckon I got really lucky. Within two days, the Mate (on his Honda cfr800) headed off for a 5 day tour of Wales - gorgeous place, could have done with 50 days! Next I headed across to Munich - great to have the independence to visit other friends en route (eg - a wonderful older couple who we met in Exmouth when they were doing a round Oz trip, 2 up, on a '96 R100GS that they had shipped out from Germany).
My Starnberg mate had organised a R1150 GS, for me to ride on a two week Northern Italy, alpine camping holiday. This bike, with full kit was two heavy for me and I had THREE stationary roll over events. I managed to crunch my foot between cylinder protection bar and the ground, on the second one!
It was the last evening of the Alps tour, so didn't detract much but I couldn't get a boot on the foot for nearly a week! Fortunately I could get a leather shoe on instead because I still had to ride the K across to Amsterdam for family wedding, and back to Cornwall where I've left the bike with my brother.
Eindhoven next time!
Let us know if you ever get to visit Australia's South West corner. We can get you on a K and it might help encourage my wife, Sal.
Cheers

4Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:44 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Ya Rawdon I was starting to think you had gone walkabout permanently.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:45 am

Beamernack

Beamernack
Nah - this bunch is too deep in my system (I feel connected even without contact- amazing!)...
I was grateful for past insights from you and others when I was eventually faced a 16valve machine with the ignition transistor thingme and its crucial conduction issue (to the heat sink plate mounted on the battery base).
Cheers for that and mountains of other stuff - thank you K100 Forum - you guys are 'the best!'

6Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 am

Arlina

Arlina
I don't ride much, too much work on bikes for me and customers Razz 

2nd intro 81311860_585379482280740_7472387090878038016_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=f_u4IMSNjHwAX-O5Vua&_nc_ht=scontent-ams4-1

7Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:03 pm

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Good to hear from you Rawdon

Sorry to hear someone stole the K100 at the airport. No doubt they had seen it there for so long that they thought it was dumped! What was you record for free parking?

When you and your nephew (who thought it would be "fun" to cross the Nullabor) dropped in at my place, you collected a frame (already shortened - not by me) your son was going to use for a cafe racer project. Did it ever happen?

Sounds like a good adventure in Europe. Pity about the foot.

Hope you are well

Guy / Wollongong

8Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:13 pm

Beamernack

Beamernack
Hi Guy - I made the mistake of transferring the Wast coast K, to Newcastle (Williamtown Airport) where I left it with cover, under a tree along with 30 odd other cars in an informal carpark just off the airport controlled area. I reassured myself that this was a safe bet because being an airforce base, security personnel were everywhere. Unfortunately, I left it way too long and civil aviation extended their area of influence by building new long term parking areas. To help recoup investment, they got Williamtown council to ban the use of the informal park and they put notices on all the vehicles. They must have removed the cover from my K and on finding no rego plate (long story!) they stickered it as abandoned.... Probably, some other ex Zimbabwean must have seen it and decided it should have a good home... I hope it gives that someone as much pleasure as it gave me. So all the free parking eventually cost me the $2k that I guess I might one day have sold the old faithful for...
It's longest free stay was this last one (about 20 months) and I probably thought naively, that Sal would give me another East coast leave pass within as many weeks!
Keep well mate - good to hear from you again.

9Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:18 am

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
20 months times the daily rate = a lot of money!

It might have been tempting to ask if the airforce had a corner in a hangar you could leave it in ... just move that F16 or F35 over a bit.

It's still out there... anyone noticed new members in the Williamtown Nelson Bay area?? What does it look like?

A pity, my parents live at Anna Bay...

Good to hear from you

Guy

10Back to top Go down   2nd intro Empty Re: 2nd intro Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:33 am

Beamernack

Beamernack
Red '83/'84 K100RS which had been converted to Std format. Distinctive features were the aftermarket muffler, steel beaded brake lines and fork brace per 16valve K100. There was a photo of her on here from when a Forum member became concerned by the time frame over which he saw her in exactly the same spot in the covered parking at Sydney airport!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum