BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty The Basic K on local mountains Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:45 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Nothing fancy, just a few pics of the K at a few of the mountain rides around Brisbane, QLD namely Mt.Mee & Mt.Nebo.

Beautiful mild temps here currently, no raising of a sweat or shivering whatsoever. 

Regards

Dan

The Basic K on local mountains 9000ed10
‘83 K100 RS and ‘87 K100 LT (both in somewhat basic trim)

The Basic K on local mountains 25c32d10

2Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Nice to hear of people out and about in the sunshine state.

I'd like to see some pictures of the front 3/4 view of that LT as I've become partial to naked bikes in these last few years (must be old age).

A couple of us down here in NSW are planning on escaping from home for a few days for a run up and down the Great Dividing Range between Newcastle and the Queensland border. Not game to try to get into the Sunshine State in case there is another border closure that could cause us to be forced into quarantine on the way home.

Enjoy guys!

3Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:33 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Gaz wrote:Nice to hear of people out and about in the sunshine state.

I'd like to see some pictures of the front 3/4 view of that LT as I've become partial to naked bikes in these last few years (must be old age).

A couple of us down here in NSW are planning on escaping from home for a few days for a run up and down the Great Dividing Range between Newcastle and the Queensland border. Not game to try to get into the Sunshine State in case there is another border closure that could cause us to be forced into quarantine on the way home.

Enjoy guys!

I’ll see what I can do Gaz, the LT’s only just gotten back on the road. I can tell you it’s bloody comfy to ride after hopping off my K with it’s teeny RS bars, the LT’s touring seat & higher bars take a lot of the strain & fatigue off. I didn’t find much buffeting due to the naked effect either really. 

Regards

Dan

4Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:31 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great to see Dan , some for me .  well travelled and enjoyed roads 

lt ? when did this happen ?

enjoy

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:44 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
charlie99 wrote:great to see Dan , some for me .  well travelled and enjoyed roads 

lt ? when did this happen ?

enjoy
Hi Charlie,

In the last week or two, fortunate to be able to sneak out during the week at the moment, avoiding the weekend crowds

Stay safe down there....keep WELL inland! 

Regards

Dan

6Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:46 pm

Bonzo

Bonzo
Life time member
Life time member
Great pictures  cheers

7Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:23 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Gaz wrote:Nice to hear of people out and about in the sunshine state.

Enjoy guys!

Not a great pic Gaz but you get the idea...

Mirrors are off a jap bike (the original mounts just tapped with a metric thread) and the headlight/indicators/horns are generic aftermarket items. 

The Basic K on local mountains 84ef0410

Regards

Dan

8Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Dan. Looks like you did a nice job mounting what I assume are the fuel and temp gauges either side of the instruments.

Did you get hold of a set of 'C' bars for it?

Here is a picture of my K1100LT sans fairing. I fitted a K100 naked version radiator shroud and a set of Lucas bars (kind of a western bar) that gave me a riding position virtually the same as my K75 which has R80G/S bars on it (I thought the G/S bars didn't look right on the K1100), K75 mirrors and fabricated the headlight mount area.

The Basic K on local mountains Img_2515

Cheers

9Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:12 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Gaz wrote:Thanks Dan. Looks like you did a nice job mounting what I assume are the fuel and temp gauges either side of the instruments.

Did you get hold of a set of 'C' bars for it?

Here is a picture of my K1100LT sans fairing. I fitted a K100 naked version radiator shroud and a set of Lucas bars (kind of a western bar) that gave me a riding position virtually the same as my K75 which has R80G/S bars on it (I thought the G/S bars didn't look right on the K1100), K75 mirrors and fabricated the headlight mount area.

The Basic K on local mountains Img_2515

Cheers
Hi Gaz

It’s a mate’s bike - not actually sure how he mounted the gauges. It’s got the original LT bars on it, very comfy position. 

Nice one, love the Basic radiator cowl. Nice light bars too 😳😳😳

Regards

Dan

10Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:15 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Looks good Dan you might want to follow the windscreen idea.
Regards Martin.

11Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:12 am

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
MartinW wrote:Looks good Dan you might want to follow the windscreen idea.
Regards Martin.
Could too....but then where’s the fun in that, avoiding all those tasty “custard bugs” 🙄

Regards

Dan

12Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:39 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Dan, if you decide to give up eating the custard bugs then the detail of how I mounted the screen is in this thread.

Cheers

13Back to top Go down   The Basic K on local mountains Empty Re: The Basic K on local mountains Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:21 pm

StandardK

StandardK
Gold member
Gold member
Gaz wrote:Dan, if you decide to give up eating the custard bugs then the detail of how I mounted the screen is in this thread.

Cheers
Thanks Gaz, that’s impressive workmanship there. 

Few more pics of the mate’s naked LT too for you. Not sure on the gauge mounting. 

The Basic K on local mountains Ef547410
The Basic K on local mountains D2092a10

Regards

Dan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum