BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Trouble starting K100 Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:59 pm

terbet

terbet
Hello. 
I just bought  a 1986 K100rs. It ran perfect for 2 weeks, but one day i just stoppet. And it would not start again. I bought a second hand ignition module, air flow meter and EFI computer. Mounted all of them, but the bike would not start.  Plugs are wet, but i only have sparks on nr 1 and 4 spark plug. So i checked the coils. The primary coil, and it was 2,5 ohm on both coils. The high voltage output was 10,2 k ohms on both. Then i checked  the spark plug wires. Nr 3 was a little bit "fucked up", but i fixed it so now every cable is ca 5 k ohms. When i measure the other conections on the coils i get 12V on all of them (not the brown), when the ignition is on. Blue/red: 12V, Black/red: 12V, and yellow/green: 12V. Is this normal? I also measure the same from the ignition module. Pin 9, 10 and 14, all shows 12V. I am running out of ideas. Glad if someone could give me some tips. (Inge K. can you call me, or send me a message? 48082445)

2Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:02 pm

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Hall Sensor is first suspect Smile

3Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
#2 re. the Hall sensor.

...and compliments on your ability to swear in English - why is it that our European friends are so damned good at this? much respect  Very Happy Very Happy

4Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
{off-topic} Chris, you should work in our office. There's five languages spoken and we've all learned to swear in 'each others' language to some extent or another!

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

5Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:31 pm

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
 (Inge K. can you call me, or send me a message? 48082445)

Sadly, Inge is no longer with us - RIP Inge.

Mike

6Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
If the plugs are wet then the injectors are firing and that means there is a signal from 2/3 hall sensor. I would be looking for an over fueling reason like the temp sensor being out of range or high fuel pressure due to blocked return line or pressure regulator nor regulating correctly.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:02 am

terbet

terbet
The spark plugs is not soaking wet, and the bike tried to fire sometimes. I am waiting for a new temp sensor from Motorworks, so i can see if that`s the problem. The hall sensor is not available here, and it is not so easy to test for an hobby mechanic, so i was hoping it was something else. I will try to test it today. Sad to hear about Inge K.

8Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:03 am

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Motorworks,offer a used/tested Hall Sensor,good  investment  Very Happy

9Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:00 am

terbet

terbet
I did see on a website, that the wiring often is the problem with the hall sensor. I may try too solve on new wires on the old sensor. It’s worth a try.

10Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:39 pm

terbet

terbet
Ok, now i have tested the hall sensor according to the flow chart i found here on the forum. The top sensor is sending power to pin #2 when it passes the"window", but the bottom sensor is not sending power to pin #5 when it passes. Then the conclusions is: My hall sensor is broken Mad. I will order a new/second hand at Motorworks tonight. My problem is time. We have good weather here in the middle of Norway now, and a shipment from UK takes minimum a week. I want to ride Twisted Evil . Is there any other vehicles with the same sensor, so i can buy here in Norway?

11Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:33 pm

terbet

terbet
It`s alive!!! "El Burro Loco" is alive Very Happy  It was the hall sensor. I bought a second hand hall sensor, and it started. Thank you everybody who helped me to start this f...ing donkey Smile

12Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:24 pm

moriarti

moriarti
Life time member
Life time member
Congratulations terbet,just one point.It was a fk Donkey now its a full bred FK Racehorse, :lol!:Have fun 6000+ rpm and hang on  Trouble starting K100 112350

13Back to top Go down   Trouble starting K100 Empty Re: Trouble starting K100 Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:20 pm

terbet

terbet
True, but it does not help with a racehorse, if you have a jackass riding it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum