BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Where to get a clutch in OZ? k100 Empty Where to get a clutch in OZ? k100 Tue May 18, 2021 12:36 am

dallasf

dallasf
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Guys,

Having some problems trying to locate a new clutch here in OZ for my 1989 K100RS.

Any ideas? Google has nothing and MunichMotorcycles need to order from Germany (2-3 weeks). Surely, this is not a normal wait time for a clutch.

Fair to say I am being inpatient.

Many thanks

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Motobins or Motorworks both in the UK or give Graeme Jones K-beamerbits Bega NSW a ring his site is down at the moment.  The BM shop Wolverhampton St Stafford Qld 07 3356 6128. Maybe Discount Motorcycle Wreckers 35 DAWSON STREET, Coburg North Victoria 3058 03 93504417.
Regards Martin.

dallasf

dallasf
Silver member
Silver member
Legend, thanks Martin.

4Back to top Go down   Where to get a clutch in OZ? k100 Empty Re: Where to get a clutch in OZ? k100 Tue May 18, 2021 10:51 am

JiiPee63

JiiPee63
Silver member
Silver member
Have you asked Tills.de? They announces on their website that shipping to Australia by DHL/UPS/TNT takes 10-20 days, but also they inform that "express delivery, ask for a quote". Worth asking?

dallasf

dallasf
Silver member
Silver member
JiiPee63 wrote:Have you asked Tills.de? They announces on their website that shipping to Australia by DHL/UPS/TNT takes 10-20 days, but also they inform that "express delivery, ask for a quote". Worth asking?
Ended up going through Motorworks. Also saved about $130 aussie bucks too.

Thanks for the tip.

6Back to top Go down   Where to get a clutch in OZ? k100 Empty Re: Where to get a clutch in OZ? k100 Thu May 20, 2021 12:56 pm

RS Rider

RS Rider
Gold member
Gold member
dallasf wrote:
JiiPee63 wrote:Have you asked Tills.de? They announces on their website that shipping to Australia by DHL/UPS/TNT takes 10-20 days, but also they inform that "express delivery, ask for a quote". Worth asking?
Ended up going through Motorworks. Also saved about $130 aussie bucks too.

Thanks for the tip.
Great guys at Motorworks. Used them many times. They are my prime source for parts and I'm in Canada. I don't want to hijack this thread, but beware of James Sherlock. Bought a 3-core rad from him that leaked straight away that I installed near the end of their 6 month warranty due to winter-time maintenance and they wouldn't honor it. I'll never buy from them again.

JiiPee63

JiiPee63
Silver member
Silver member
Agree, great guys at Motorworks. I got some used electrical parts for the instrument panel from them. Fast delivery and they appreciate every customer. 

I have bought parts for my K-bike from the UK (Motorworks, Motobins) as well as Germany (KFM-motorräder, BMW Bayer, Tills) and Finland (Motonet, Schmiedman, and a couple more). Since Brexit, I have not ordered parts any more from the UK. There is a simple reason for this, customs duties between the EU and the UK. The UK prices with customs rose so high compared with prices in Germany that it is no longer worthwhile - unfortunately.  Sad

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum