BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Routing query Empty Routing query Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:53 am

wedge

Rebuilding a K75S over the last year, since there's no way I can remember stuff that long I took pics, but some are rubbish Sad

can anyone identify the right hand cable/pipe? I know the left one is the brake pipe from front lever to regulator and I'm hoping the other one isn't the return from regulator to caliper as if so I have no idea how it got to be below the cross spar (where it is now) without disconnecting it - tried to minimise fluid loss to make it easier to bleed afterwards

Routing query 5286142454_9f8a766e40

p.s if anyone has any nice pics of general cable routing taken on a better camera than mine by someone who was sober at the time and where everything isn't covered in grey slime feel free to point me to them...
Routing query 528

2Back to top Go down   Routing query Empty Re: Routing query Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 am

87m6chris

87m6chris
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Wedge,
I'm pretty much the same place with my k75 only I'm disassembling
and yes that pipe that is under the cross spar is suppose to be routed on top. Looking at your pic you can see the rub marks of where it was.
Good that you caught that before putting too much more stuff back on.

3Back to top Go down   Routing query Empty Re: Routing query Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:14 am

wedge

Many thanks, ps take better pics than I did Smile

4Back to top Go down   Routing query Empty Re: Routing query Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:35 am

87m6chris

87m6chris
Silver member
Silver member
You're most welcome, I don't take pics anymore and I also don't let my self take the whole bike apart anymore. I've done that a couple of times telling myself that "I'll remember where that went" and then reassembling
is a nightmare. Now I repair/restore one system or sub system at a time.
Do all the brakes and nothing else, then electrical ...and so on.
That is just about the only thing good about getting old, you finally
realize your strengths and many weaknesses and work with them in stead of pretending they don't exist.
Merry Christmas

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum