BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty G'day from Newcastle Australia Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:49 pm

JamesBirrellGray

JamesBirrellGray
Hi, 

Have wanted todo a K100 build for years and years.

Recently the the heavens answered my call as I wasn invited on the "2023 Scrapheap Adventure Ride" https://scrapheapadventureride.com.au/ where you have to find a bike for under $1000.

I found a 1988 K100 RT todo the job! I pick it up on Saturday, it turns over and that's about it I think :-)

Now comes the fun part of getting it ready for the ride in September!

Anyway looking forward to sharing the build on here and garnering all the knowledge i need :-)

Many thanks,

James

G'day from Newcastle Australia Ad-assets%2F2023-04%2Fhill%2041079-416_0

2Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:05 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Welkome James - from just up the valley a bit at Pokolbin. There are a few of us inmates here in the Hunter Valley so don't be afraid to reach out to meet in person if we can help or just for a yarn.

Cheers

3Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Thanks Gaz Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:00 am

JamesBirrellGray

JamesBirrellGray
Gaz wrote:Welkome James - from just up the valley a bit at Pokolbin. There are a few of us inmates here in the Hunter Valley so don't be afraid to reach out to meet in person if we can help or just for a yarn.

Cheers

Hi Gaz,

I go the English store every now and then at the shops there at Polkabin, as well as a good breakfast at the Rydges (formally Crowne Plaza), I'm actually on the Lake at Toronto :-)

Do you guys accept "modified" k's or prefer them natural?

4Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:48 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
We prefer natural over coffee'd but it is your moto.  

As you are from T'ronto I am originally from just around the corner in Blackalls Park.  As is a good friend of mine in Brisbane.  

Anyway, Welkom.

5Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:47 am

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome. Nice bike. Enjoy your build!

6Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Thanks Takler Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:45 pm

JamesBirrellGray

JamesBirrellGray
TacKler wrote:We prefer natural over coffee'd but it is your moto.  

As you are from T'ronto I am originally from just around the corner in Blackalls Park.  As is a good friend of mine in Brisbane.  

Anyway, Welkom.

We're actually Blackalls Park (Lake Street) :-)

7Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Thanks Arnold Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:45 pm

JamesBirrellGray

JamesBirrellGray
fishboy316 wrote:Welcome. Nice bike. Enjoy your build!

Thanks Arnold

8Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:21 pm

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
Hi James, welcome to this great forum. Lots of good info here. Enjoy your K100 , a great machine.  Cheers Tom from Adamstown.

9Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Thanks Tom Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:30 pm

JamesBirrellGray

JamesBirrellGray
Tom G wrote:Hi James, welcome to this great forum. Lots of good info here. Enjoy your K100 , a great machine.  Cheers Tom from Adamstown.
Thanks Tom

10Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:09 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
JamesBirrellGray wrote:

Anyway, Welkom.

A small world indeed, as I am originally from Fennell Cr.  One of my Aunts lived in Lake St when first married but is now retired near Yass.  As a kid we used to swim in the creek at the beginning of Lake St where they have the story board next to the shed.  The railway is long disused but it was a 5 cent fare from Blackalls Station to end of the line Toronto.

11Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:12 pm

JamesBirrellGray

JamesBirrellGray
TacKler wrote:
JamesBirrellGray wrote:

Anyway, Welkom.

A small world indeed, as I am originally from Fennell Cr.  One of my Aunts lived in Lake St when first married but is now retired near Yass.  As a kid we used to swim in the creek at the beginning of Lake St where they have the story board next to the shed.  The railway is long disused but it was a 5 cent fare from Blackalls Station to end of the line Toronto.
Amazing. We still have a swim in the creek now and then (Apparently a lot muddier now than before) :-)

12Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:23 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
And it's getting even smaller My uncle, mothers brother lived in Fennels ct Blackalls Park, Jim Plummer. They were right on the creek and many of the local kids used to use their jetty for swimming. Had an orange orchard in the front yard.
Oh yeah sorry WelKome to our Knuthaus.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

13Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:30 am

bad boy

bad boy
Life time member
Life time member
Gday James
G'day from Newcastle Australia 177912

G'day from Newcastle Australia 9438-010

14Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:06 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
G'day from Newcastle Australia 177912 from the northern realms.
Regards Martin.

15Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:44 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hey James, one of my riding friends who is in the BMW Touring Club NSW but not a member on this forum, lives in Blackalls Park.

There are usually a few BMW Club people who frequent the Scrapheap adventure rides so if you are interested in coming along to a meeting of that club in the Newcastle area send me a PM.

My K75 was purchased from a wrecker for $800 so that I could get it tidy and go to a scrapheap adventure ride - I think I went to two of them - numbers 4 and 5 from memory.

Cheers

16Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:14 am

JamesBirrellGray

JamesBirrellGray
Gaz wrote:Hey James, one of my riding friends who is in the BMW Touring Club NSW but not a member on this forum, lives in Blackalls Park.

There are usually a few BMW Club people who frequent the Scrapheap adventure rides so if you are interested in coming along to a meeting of that club in the Newcastle area send me a PM.

My K75 was purchased from a wrecker for $800 so that I could get it tidy and go to a scrapheap adventure ride - I think I went to two of them - numbers 4 and 5 from memory.

Cheers
Amazing cheers Gaz, between the Land Rovers and BMW bikes, and Halvorsen boats I find myself in a great company a lot :-) we’ve got a decent size group including 3 boys on my street all doing the ride together this year, we got one lads 650 Funduro going last week :-)

17Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:04 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Can't go wrong with those F (G) 650 singles! The guy I mentioned at Blackalls Park has a 1999 Funduro that he took to the Off Centre Rally at Lawn Hill National Park/Adele's Grove last year along with myself and Tommy (an inmate on here) on our G650's.

A nice little 6,500km round trip.

Cheers

18Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:17 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
G'day James, I've just finished putting together a K75 for the Scrapheap ride this year. It was totally dead when I first got it but persistence pays off. We usually get a fairly big contingent from Inverell going to these events so probably see you there or on the way. I've been to all except the first one - a bit of fun for a good cause. G'day from Newcastle Australia 20230610

19Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:19 am

Packo

Packo
Silver member
Silver member
Gaz wrote:Can't go wrong with those F (G) 650 singles! The guy I mentioned at Blackalls Park has a 1999 Funduro that he took to the Off Centre Rally at Lawn Hill National Park/Adele's Grove last year along with myself and Tommy (an inmate on here) on our G650's.

Cheers
Damn, I was there as well Gaz, would have been good to catch up, maybe next time
Packo

83 K100 HRD Outfit
1992 K1100 Outfit
2003 R1150 GSA Outfit
1983 K100 Basic

20Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:22 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
And just to make the world an even smaller place, some further info came to light last night at my nephews 21st.  Dad's brother in law's father retired to a fisherman's hut at the end of Lake St many years ago.  And they were from across the other side of town.  

He also remembers some bloke bought three Catalina Flying Boats from around the corner at what was once RAAF Station, Rathmines and had them moored around there.  The intention was to turn them into some sort of holiday home but that never eventuated.  

I'm beginning to think that I must have grown up in what was then the epicentre of the universe with all these stories.  Or at least the centre of what was to be the K forum, anyway.

21Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:06 pm

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Gaz wrote:Can't go wrong with those F (G) 650 singles! The guy I mentioned at Blackalls Park has a 1999 Funduro that he took to the Off Centre Rally at Lawn Hill National Park/Adele's Grove last year along with myself and Tommy (an inmate on here) on our G650's.

Cheers

My little Dack Dack didnt make it

2004 F650 GS known as DACK-DACK

#### K100 RS Project 
2011 R1200 GS known as Big Blue 

22Back to top Go down   G'day from Newcastle Australia Empty Re: G'day from Newcastle Australia Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:47 am

Bernie_K100

Bernie_K100
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi James,

G'day from Newcastle Australia 177912 to this forum!

Bernie

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum