BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi From Newcastle NSW Empty Hi From Newcastle NSW Thu May 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Dicke

Dicke
Hi everyone, Dicke here.
Its my first BMW, a 1983 K100 that is in need of a complete TLC makeover. Bought the bike from a chap on the central coast for $750. Its a runner......just. Needs battery, brakes overhaul, new clocks, fork seals and just about everything else.
Its got 100k on the clock and was standing for about 2 years. Going to get it blue slipped then go for a cafe racer.....sorry all you purists.
As can be seen from my avatar I have always had Triumphs, but when i got a job offer in Oz the bikes had to stay in the UK.
Will be looking for advice and any spares i can get at the moment.

Its a bit of a pig at the moment but hopefully that will change.

Cheers  Hi From Newcastle NSW 22936

2Back to top Go down   Hi From Newcastle NSW Empty welcome from North Carolina Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 pm

Bokobob

Bokobob
I hope you get you new-to-you bike rehabbed to your satisfaction and enjoy owning her..

Bob,
North Carolina, USA

1987 BMW K75
1994 Honda Magna V4 power cruiser
"Two of biking's best kept secrets"

3Back to top Go down   Hi From Newcastle NSW Empty Re: Hi From Newcastle NSW Thu May 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dicke, welcome aboard. I'm just up the valley a bit from you and we've a few other regulars who live in the Hunter.
Keep you're eyes on the forum for an opportunity to meet up - there will be a koffee katch up every now and again. Drive there if the bike isn't on the road when the chance comes up.

Cheers

4Back to top Go down   Hi From Newcastle NSW Empty Re: Hi From Newcastle NSW Fri May 30, 2014 1:34 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good luck dicke 

and welcome aboard

enjoy the experience !!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Hi From Newcastle NSW Empty Re: Hi From Newcastle NSW Fri May 30, 2014 7:03 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum...great to see more from our great state.

6Back to top Go down   Hi From Newcastle NSW Empty Re: Hi From Newcastle NSW Sat May 31, 2014 8:09 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
welcome Dicke, as Gaz mentioned there are a few Krew members here in the Hunter and close to you.
Would be great to catch up any time, either for a ride or Koffee. We are always happy to pop around and observe your mechanical prowess and pick up on any hints.
Being an 83 model you will have the option of historical rego for the odd ride or as most of us prefer, normal rego for everyday riding.
It will be interesting to see your results of a Kafe'd K, there are quite a few examples here on the forum , so plenty of ideas to consider.

who was the chap you purchased from, theres a couple of guys in that area onselling from there stockpiles of parts.
hope it goes well for you and look forward to a Koffee and skones some time. Ed.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Hi From Newcastle NSW 10_x_110

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum