BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   hall sensor question Empty hall sensor question Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:35 am

jercr77

jercr77
I have a 85 k100 that had a small fire under the fuel tank, what a mess, anyway hall sensors test bad now and the plug coming off of ign module with no sensors hooked up had 12v+ on red 0v on black the brown and orange output to module have 5v+ on each, is this normal or is it going to fry my new sensors when they get here, thanks in advance

2Back to top Go down   hall sensor question Empty Hall sensor question Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:52 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
When I saw this thread a few days ago I deliberately didn't reply cause I know zilch about computer gizzards, so this post is more of a bump for more help. 

In the electrical section is a post about diagnosing, sometimes called Bert's guide which describes how to test the computers and hall sensors, amongst other things.

I think we should consider the hall signals to the ICU as inputs, not outputs. I haven't measured that like you have, Bert's guide says to test the hall sensors instead. I'll guess that maybe the fire under the tank wouldn't damage the hall sensors. I'll guess your Voltage test was with a multimeter and hopefully did no damage.

The drawing below, and even it's title, helps to understand how the system works. On the left are the inputs, the computers process, and then provide the outputs on the right.hall sensor question Img_2109

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum