BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Tail light not working Empty Tail light not working Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Hi all
Tail light quit working. If I put 12 volts to the wire shown just after the battery the tail light works. Now in the second picture I assume this is the plug for the tail lights? If I put 12volts to the wire going in and coming out of this plug I get nothing. Is this the right plug?
Thoughts welcomeTail light not working Img_2060
Tail light not working Img_2059

2Back to top Go down   Tail light not working Empty Re: Tail light not working Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
The clymer manual says tail light wire is black grey however mine is yellow grey. If I put 12 volts to this grey yellow wire near the battery as shown tail light comes on. I do not see a grey yellow wire at any of connectors under has tank. Maybe I am looking at the wrong connector?

3Back to top Go down   Tail light not working Empty Re: Tail light not working Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Tail light is gray/black. Brake light is gray/yellow.

It comes from the black bulb monitor relay on the left side of the relay box.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

4Back to top Go down   Tail light not working Empty Re: Tail light not working Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Bingo, found it! Bad bmu. Another forum had the test. Pull bmu, jump 58a to 58e on the plug. Turn on ignition. If tail light comes on bad bmu. It came on! Hope this will help others.
Cheers!

5Back to top Go down   Tail light not working Empty Re: Tail light not working Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 pm

lucki

lucki
Silver member
Silver member
Pin numbers on under side of relay.Tail light not working Img_2061

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum