BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Newby from t'North Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Paul Friday

Paul Friday
My first brick and the first bike I've had with a proper fairing. I'm never going back to sitting in the rain. Very Happy
I've got a 1985 K100RT with lowered seat and LT-type top box. Swapped it for an R65, as the previous owner lived at the bottom of a steep farm track and was finding the K a bit of a handful.
So far it's fantastic to ride but pretty top-heavy at slow speeds. The engine note takes some getting used-to, as I've only had twins and singles before this. I keep looking for another gear to drop the revs.
... and I've just discovered that I've probably got a blown gearbox oil seal - see separate thread.

Cheers

http://www.theostry.com

2Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
North ? Smile to us here that would be the tropics Smile Singapore, Jakarts, Bali...

Yes, my RS took a bit to get used to but eventually you will find it a pleasure to ride. Welcome Smile

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

3Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:06 am

WayneDW

WayneDW
Silver member
Silver member
Howdy from what we call the northern midwest. Very Happy

http://www.fossilapostles.com

4Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:45 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi Paul,
From a wee further north Very Happy

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the board Paul! Hopefully the ol girls distinctiveness will grow on you. Smile

6Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
North???
What's about coming to see me for a ride in January?
Welcome to the forum and hope you will enjoy it.

Bert

7Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:16 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from further south. It's taken me about 1500k s to get comfy with
u-turns and parking etc. but the open road more than makes up for it.
RT

8Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:45 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
RT wrote:Welcome from further south. It's taken me about 1500k s to get comfy with
u-turns and parking etc. but the open road more than makes up for it.
RT

amen !! rt but it ain't all bad at lower speeds

welcome paul ...

9Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Paul great to have you with us, nice spot North Yorkshire had many a good ride around there when I lived in Blighty.
Regards,
K-BIKE

10Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Paul.
Ah.. to be able to ride the moors and dales.

Dee Why

11Back to top Go down   Newby from t'North Empty Re: Newby from t'North Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:38 am

Paul Friday

Paul Friday
Thanks all.
I am really loving the general riding on this big old bus - the fairing is great and it's so nice to be able to overtake and not have brake fade on the hills (I was previously riding around on a wheezing old drum-braked 500 single).
Cheers

http://www.theostry.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum