BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty newby from Belgium. Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:58 am

TrikkeK100RS

TrikkeK100RS
Hi there

My name is Patrick, I have my BMW K100RS for almost 15 years, but the last 4/5 years it was collecting dust in the garage. This week I renewed my intrest in the bike and put it back on the street Very Happy
Ofcourse the master cylinder of the front and rear breakes are leaking, so now I'm looking to have some good advice to "solve" this (without changing them if possible?).
I already found some intresting articles out there, THANKS GUYS!

greetings from Belgium.
Patrick

2Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:00 pm

kfilipow

kfilipow
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome to The Forum Patrick. Many good rides to you and of course good braking too. These guys will help.

3Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Patrick.
Welcome to the forum. Great name by the way.
Don't know where the leaks are from but may be worth checking the O ring seal under the master cylinder reservoir.
My RT had been sitting for a while and when I started using it a leak became obvious. The O ring costs about £1 to replace and takes about 20 minutes to change.
Always start with the simple (cheap) stuff!

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

4Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Patrick from down south.

5Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome Patrick.

I rode a lot in your 'flat land' as Jacques Brel was calling Belgium.
We will gladly help you if you send us some virtual trapist beers (Beer made in the monasteries and really worth trying.) Laughing
Enjoy the forum.

Bert

6Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:55 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Patrick,
Good luck with your repairs and well done for your plan to get the bike back on the road.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Patrick and welcome to the forums Wink

8Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty newby from Belgium Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:29 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Patrick
ah Belgium, the land of great beer and ice cream, you could almost be Aussies.
RT

9Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hey patrick ....welcome to the forum ....good to see another k about to make it back to the road

enjoy !!!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

10Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:00 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Welcome Patrick. Sounds like yours is easy to get going.
If you are unsure on anything, do a forum search. If it is not here, there is a link to where it is.

rossco

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

11Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:54 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Hello and welcome. About your question: you can order repair kit for front and rear brake cylinder from www.motorworks.co.uk like I did. Try BMW dealer but they are more expensive.

Best regards

12Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 am

TrikkeK100RS

TrikkeK100RS
nino wrote:Hello and welcome. About your question: you can order repair kit for front and rear brake cylinder from www.motorworks.co.uk like I did. Try BMW dealer but they are more expensive.

Best regards

great stuff, thanks for the link (and the greatings from the other memlbers) Smile

13Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 am

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Patrick. I once spent some fun times in the company of a Belgian called Patrick, you don't work for an airline do you? If so i I need to send you a PM!!

If it get too crowded on the Belgian roads take the ferry to Ireland and join in one of our little gatherings. Welcome along
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

14Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:25 am

TrikkeK100RS

TrikkeK100RS
88KE wrote:Hi Patrick. I once spent some fun times in the company of a Belgian called Patrick, you don't work for an airline do you? If so i I need to send you a PM!!

If it get too crowded on the Belgian roads take the ferry to Ireland and join in one of our little gatherings. Welcome along
88KE

hi 88KE

Nono, I work for the local University, not much airplanes overhere Cool

Thanks for the invitation, perhaps one day......

Patrick

15Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:36 pm

wngnutmv

wngnutmv
Silver member
Silver member
My family is from Belgium! Would love to visit sometime! Welcome!

16Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 am

TrikkeK100RS

TrikkeK100RS
wngnutmv wrote:My family is from Belgium! Would love to visit sometime! Welcome!

Somewhere in the region of Leuven?

P.

17Back to top Go down   newby from Belgium. Empty Re: newby from Belgium. Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:13 pm

wngnutmv

wngnutmv
Silver member
Silver member
I will have to find out for sure. I remember my grandmother saying that we came from an area near Brussels. I will let you know.

Talked to my brother today and found out our family comes from the area of Harelbeke.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum