BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Who of us 'need' an excuse to ride?! I found myself with a few hours to spare late last week and decided to take a spin through the familiar sugar cane fields of the Tweed River Valley and along the back roads down towards Byron Bay and back up again on the motorway as the sun slowly faded from high and brilliant to casting long shadows, the clocks now turned back and the scent and sense of Autumn hanging in the air.

The bike sits and waits outside the garage on a fine and sunny Autumn day at my home in Varsity Lakes, Queensland.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2325

The view of the valley from high up on Terranora Road. This was my commuting road as I descended daily into the cane fields on my way to and from work.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2328

Freshly planted sugar cane grows across thousands af hectares of wet lands along the bottom of the valley near Murwillumbah, New South Wales.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2326

The picturesque village of Tumbulgum sits dead level with the slow moving and dark Tweed River as it wends its way out to the sea at Fingal Beach and Tweed Heads.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2327

Brilliant blue skies and bright green pastures contrast nicely near Mullumbimby, New South Wales as I stopped to have a short 'smoko' and survey the scenery around me.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2329

I stopped for a coffee under the swaying palms in charming little Bangalow just across from the historic and slightly retro Bangalow Hotel where bands play and great counter meals are served of a Sunday arvo.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2330

The Pacific Highway starts to get good for bikes round about here, near Bangalow.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2337

Looking out towards Byron Bay and the mighty blue South Pacific from the roadside lookout at the top of St Helena. There are many, many miles of mostly empty beaches with brilliant white sand and plenty of good surf breaks along the shoreline.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2331

In the distance stands of Macadamia nut trees cover the hillsides near St Helena.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2332

Bananas, macadamia nuts and tea are just a few of the delicacies grown in this region. Up the road and round the corner a bit in Nimbin other pleasures await you in the relaxing wisp of smoke on the breeze.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2333

A part of the vast Madura Tea Plantation alongside twisty and smooth Clothier's Creek Road, Nunderi, NSW.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2334

Quite a lot of the roads round here are easy, two-lane ways roads with 80 or 100 kph speed limits, just perfect for a gentle burn up on a long-legged K100 and a sunny day. I might add that I obligingly observe the limits in towns and keep an eye out for constabulary enforcement once on the outskirts and under way. Nudge, wink.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2335

One of the many fine roads in the region, this is the 16 kilometre-long back way from North Tumbulgum bridge to Murwillumbah alongside the Tweed River through the cane fields. It's a let-er-rip sort of bitumen track!
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2336

A banana's view of the man-made state border at Coolangatta, Queensland and Tweed Heads, NSW and the Pacific ocean.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2416

Fine wisps of cloud against blue sky over the Tweed River as the riding day draws to a close.
Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Dscf2338

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice picalogue again twb ....love that area up there .

have been wanting to do the m/bah ...uki to kyogle track again for some time ...maybe ill get the time soon ...also planning the back road into nimbin and then lismore ....my old home town (for 15 years )

keep up the great work

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Northern New South Wales on a typical sunny day.  Empty Fantastic pics. Wed May 18, 2011 3:03 am

geordnz

geordnz
Silver member
Silver member
It's that time of year when the air is not too hot and the pictures and colours come out so crisp.
Looks like a great place to go for a ride as well ;-)

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmmm id love to see some of the pics around your area geordnz

i visit over there every now and then ...but to date havent been east of aukland ....ive heard its fantastic

actually heading up past whangerai sometime in the next couple of months for work .
i never seem to get enough time to really go exploring , although i have had the oportunity of a couple of day trips north of kerrikerri and catching some snapper off the rocks up there around the bay of islands.

hoping one day to catch up with k-bike also

hey twb ......you know that the bangalow pub is ...(or was) owned by Paul Hogan ...just after he purchased it , it went from being a loathsome place to verry active and uplifting .....one of his mates delvine delanie and "strop" (married) own the byron bay hotel on the beach

an awesome place for ...erm....nature watching the fauna on the beach and tourist shops that surround it .

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
TWB, Great stuff!! Look forward to meeting you this W/E. I've spent a fair time down at the Victorian Alps etc. Next stomping grounds will be to explore up your way.

Great pics!

Ta, Ulrich. It is a good place to ride motorbikes, and to live too. The weather's pretty consistent and it's never too hot or too cold. You've just got to like sudden, random downpours and the accompanying green landscape, lotsa sunshine and white sandy beaches, which is not too difficult.

Looking forward to meeting up with you and the other K riders too!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum