BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty ABS Brakes Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:41 pm

captaink

captaink
Silver member
Silver member
I'm still learning about my bike....Question is it normal for the red triangle in the centre screen to light every time the brake is touched front or rear whilst riding. I'm aware that it flashes untill both brake lever and foot pedal are pressed. It doesn't stay on permenantly, just while either brake is applied.

2Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
I would have said intermittent bad connection in bulb connector or the bulb itself.
But as you say it happens every time, that doesn`t quite make sense.

And that it goes off before start when touching the brakes verifies that the connection is ok.

It could be due to the variation in vibration freqenzy idle/driving, have you had someone to
drive behind you and verify that you got brake light?

Inge K.

3Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Mine was doing that and every bulb tested ok but i changed the tail light bulb and all was ok. Charlie was riding behind and said the light was flickering.

4Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:57 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

To solve mine I had to change my tail light bulb also, I then took the trouble to clean the contacts all round the system with..... DEOXIT

BIG D

5Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:01 pm

captaink

captaink
Silver member
Silver member
Cheers guys.... I've cleaned connectors in rear light, looked some more and found loose wires at base of ignition switch, not sure how to repair it ? The book shows no pics of it and i dont want to break it. Question anybody had experience with this.

ABS Brakes 10-16611

6Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
The switch is an independent part, don`t know if it can be removed without taking the complete lock/housing of the bike.
If the complete lock/housing needs to be removed, the screws must be drilled out.
[img]http://k100rt.aforumfree.com/ABS Brakes Tennin10[/img]

Inge K.

7Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 pm

captaink

captaink
Silver member
Silver member
Took bike out yesterday, and had no red triangle for about 5 miles Very Happy . When it did reappear it was only front brake, then it was back to both frt and rr when applied ....where do i look now? ABS Brakes 610153

8Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
It`s also a connector in the rear end of the ducktail, if I remember right it can accesed by removing taillight assy.
(....but...senior moments appears more and more often......last one yesterday...ignition switch internals).

Inge K.

9Back to top Go down   ABS Brakes Empty Re: ABS Brakes Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:35 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
That is correct there is a connector back there, the bulb holder can also be problematic too because of traces of corrosion from damp.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum