BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello all K bikers Empty Hello all K bikers Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Radiolarian

Hi, I'm the new owner of an 85 k100RT from Northern California. I've had the bike for a week and already have been baptised by having to replace the fuel return line that rubbed on the block and sprayed onto the exhaust. What a great way to get familiar with the bike. ( would have preferred more saddle time to do that) but otherwise I have enjoyed the bike. I was fortunate to find this forum and look forward to getting a piece of all the knowledge about these great bikes.

2Back to top Go down   Hello all K bikers Empty Re: Hello all K bikers Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Radiolarian.

No doubt you've read some posts about what to do when you get a new (to you) bike. If not, have a look around the forum.

I'll get in first...post a picture of ya bike!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

3Back to top Go down   Hello all K bikers Empty Re: Hello all K bikers Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:49 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Hi,

Funny enough I had exactly the same problem at the end of last season. That same fuel line burst on my bike and sprayed fuel over the exhaust when the engine was running. Replaced the hose and all is well again.

A nice page to read with all the information that a new K-bike owner requires to know is available from Ted Verrill's site.

So you just bought a used BMW K-Series Motorcycle...

4Back to top Go down   Hello all K bikers Empty Re: Hello all K bikers Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome radio ....glad to have you aboard....
they are a sweet beast ........have fun !!!!!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Hello all K bikers Empty Re: Hello all K bikers Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:23 am

Radiolarian

Thanks everyone. The listing you linked to Robmack is awesome, stuff I wouldn't necessarily thought of (until a problem arose) Thanks. I'm in the Auburn area of Cali, Anyone else from this neck of the woods?

6Back to top Go down   Hello all K bikers Empty Re: Hello all K bikers Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi, Radiolarian, welcome to the forum.

BIG D

7Back to top Go down   Hello all K bikers Empty Re: Hello all K bikers Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:52 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Radiolarian,
Welcome on board.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum