BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

slowride

slowride
Hey Guys,

My bikes been down for some time...had a little run in with some mud on a turn....you can figure out the rest. Anyway, I needed to do a little body work, replace a mirror that didn't survive the drop and decided to go ahead and address my tranny issues which wasn't a big deal as well as replacing some wiring on the fuel level/fuel pump harness where it connects into the tank. I replaced the slave cylinder and the shifter seal that was leaking on the tranny...done deal. I rebuilt the wiring harness and fired the bike up for the first time. It's running as we speak and my signals are working fine as long as the bikes running but when I shut the bike off my blinkers all start blinking like hazzard lights, even when the key is out. I'm a little confused! Any suggestions?

Maybe I jarred a wiring connection lose under the tank. I'll check that out here shortly.

slowride

slowride
Ok...never mind! Apparently it just needed to run for awhile. I let it run for about thirty minutes, killed it and the problem went away. Maybe it was because the battery was low??? I don't know.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
If the problem occur again, check the yellow/violet wire for short to ground.
Connector to hazard switch, left side under the tank.

Inge K.

slowride

slowride
Turns out, in my haste to get it back together I failed to lock the computer connector in. It was loose. Of course I found this out when I took it around the block and it died....had to push it back. Once I locked it in, it cranked right up with no problems.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Ha, that would've been a funny story except you had to push it home. I bet there were serious thoughts of trashing the machine. We have all had something happen that was simple yet major.
There are plenty of posts here about searching for the simple solution first.
Well done slowride, I hope you are enjoying the warmth there mate.
RT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum