BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hilla1

Hello all,

I introduced myself some weeks ago and thought I would give an update and ask for your help.
[img]Help with K100 water/oil pump repair  100_0217[/img]
This is the 1993 K100, plus a few bin bags full of fairing bits, I now own. 63,000 miles and in reasonable condition. I see this as a long term project as I am waiting for a knee replacement operation so riding will be out of the question for some time.

Now for your help. The bike came with the ware/oil pump removed and dismantled. On closer inspection I have a couple of items I cant identify - a rubber necked washer and a thrust washer. Sorry about the picture quality.
[img]Help with K100 water/oil pump repair  100_0310[/img]
[img]Help with K100 water/oil pump repair  100_0311[/img]
As you can see they were on the pump main shaft, fit perfectly but would mean the gear would not be flush with casing face.

Does anyone know what they are and where they come from?

Thanks
Anthony

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
It's part of the mechanical seal and it fits in the casing between the water pump and the oil pump.
Search for oil pump repair on the forum and you will find plenty of information.
Check THIS. It's on the tutorial section.

CF

hilla1

Thanks CF.

Not having dismantled the pump and the replacement seal components being encased it was not clear where the parts came from - many thanks.

Anthony

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
You can get a seal kit from Motorworks, contains all the bits you need. Be very careful installing the water pump seal, it is very easily damaged.

http://www.motorworks.co.uk/bmw/prodimages/lg/COA00000.jpg

http://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=5&NU=15&M=40&Ct=GA&SbCt=BA_15_40_GA_75

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Pity you're a bit far away for a "support act" :-)

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Help with K100 water/oil pump repair  Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum