BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Choke light coming on when cold Empty Choke light coming on when cold Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:19 am

claudejones

Whether or not I have the choke engaged, the orange choke light is lighting up these past days as the weather turns cold. It stays on even if I exercise the choke a few times. This lasts a few minutes till the bike warms up. Once the bike has warmed, it goes off. Is this normal, or do I need to troubleshoot?

2Back to top Go down   Choke light coming on when cold Empty Re: Choke light coming on when cold Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:29 am

Life time member
Life time member
Sounds like a bit of dampness in there somewhere, like the pins at the back of the instrument cluster.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

3Back to top Go down   Choke light coming on when cold Empty Re: Choke light coming on when cold Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:08 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
One thing to consider is that the adjustment of the actuating cable may not be spot on and if it is too tight the drop in temp will be just enough to make the light come on till there is a bit of heat and then it goes off. The length of the cable changes with temperature. There is an adjustment on the throttle bodies at the rear of #4 injector just in front of the throttle position sensor. Slack the 10mm lock nut and release the adjuster by about 1-2 turns and lock the nut up. Hope I have explained well enough.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Choke light coming on when cold Empty Re: Choke light coming on when cold Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:40 am

claudejones

That looks promising - I'll give it a try!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum