BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Pressure in crack case?? Empty Pressure in crack case?? Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:53 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Just came back yesterday from a 310 mile tourist route (great trip/day!!) when I wanted to fill some oil. Whilst I had the bike still running I opened the crankcase filler plug and noted quite a bit of pressure from the crankcase and oil sputtering out. From previous times I remember that there always was an under pressure, but definitely not this time. Bike runs great, so rather puzzled here! What do you experience if you have run the bike for a good while and open the filler plug? Cheers, Rene

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Pressure in crack case?? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

2Back to top Go down   Pressure in crack case?? Empty Re: Pressure in crack case?? Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There should always be a slight vacuum when running and that will very quickly go to atmospheric pressure when the engine stops.
Maybe there is a blockage where the crankcase breather is connected at the plenum at the rear of the TBs.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum