BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:19 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Picked up a k100 couple of weeks ago after riding a mates one. Loved it so I brought one.

From this
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0202

To this so far
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0185-1

2Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:27 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
So the plan so far...

Take paint off tank (done)
Shorten forks 1 1/2 (done)
Suzuki EFE round headlight (done)
Jota bar's (done)
Brooks bicycle grips (kinda sorted)
Mod exhaust pipes (top fuel/drag bike)
Exhaust wrap
Round bar for rear end
Seat base

Handmade front muddy
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0264-2
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0262
EFE headlight which i think works very well
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0187-1
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0189-1
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0270
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0180
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0159
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0166
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0160
Brass riverts i made for front muddy
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0346
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0345-1
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0347

3Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member

4Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Been on the lathe again "dome" heading the bolts off (i no they look rough) but it's done like that for a reason
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0344
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0342
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0341
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0183-1
this is how the exhaust is going to look
my new project "brutus" ratrod  Fordtgdhigh

5Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:24 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
The bolts look great. I'll post some to ya! Very Happy

Now, about those exhausts...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

6Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:34 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
I can do them to any bolts if you wish

The exhaust are going to be cool (well loud) but will be running truck style exhaust flaps

Last edited by thumperslaw on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total

7Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:11 am

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Thumper, i have some pics here for you of what i was talking about. Not the best pics but gives you the idea.
my new project "brutus" ratrod  2012-083

my new project "brutus" ratrod  2012-084

I have seen on here somewhere a pic of someone elses K done like this.
Sorry bout the pics but i was still recovering from dropping a screw down the injector hole.

Now Blakey you'll just have to keep an open mind on the exhaust side of things.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

my new project "brutus" ratrod  170874

8Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:17 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
caferacer62 wrote:Hi Thumper, i have some pics here for you of what i was talking about. Not the best pics but gives you the idea.
my new project "brutus" ratrod  2012-083

my new project "brutus" ratrod  2012-084

I have seen on here somewhere a pic of someone elses K done like this.
Sorry bout the pics but i was still recovering from dropping a screw down the injector hole.

Now Blakey you'll just have to keep an open mind on the exhaust side of things.

Thanks for the photos
I think am going to try have mine hidden still but not sure how as yet!

9Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
working on the bmw.
Sorted and shaped mudguard stay's and shorted brass spacers to.

Then started dome heading all the bolts I could get my hands on

And started the seat base to

my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0355
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0356-1
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0359
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0357
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0358

10Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Orderd my new fork seals today so I can get the forks sorted (shorten them by 1 1/2)
And got some 2 mm think alloy plate to start the seat base with

11Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:10 pm

jings

jings
what clocks are you going to fit am half way through fitting a acewell speedo to mine

12Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:30 pm

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
jings wrote:what clocks are you going to fit. am half way through fitting a acewell speedo to mine

Well am a bit stuck on this one.
I want an old looking speedo but all I can find is cable ones
I've seen acewell clocks but theyre a lot of money

13Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:43 pm

scheffers

Danmoto! (check my topic; K100RS Streetbike)

14Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:02 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
scheffers wrote:Danmoto! (check my topic; K100RS Streetbike)

Very nice that speedo

But it's not what am after tho (to new lookin' )
I think i found one now tho

15Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:30 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Hello postman!
Got some more bits to fit now!! Fork seals,exhaust gaskets,sump washer,fork bolts
Means I can get the forks done brakes back on
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0361

16Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:48 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Just made a very cheeky offer for the four of them
my new project "brutus" ratrod  Trumpets5inch

Can get them cheaper then what I can make them

17Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
thumperslaw wrote:Just made a very cheeky offer for the four of them

Will you be bolting those to the ends of the carburetors you fit after you remove the stock fuel injection?

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

18Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Guest in the House wrote:
thumperslaw wrote:Just made a very cheeky offer for the four of them

Will you be bolting those to the ends of the carburetors you fit after you remove the stock fuel injection?

Going to be putting them on to the side of the air box. I will be keeping stock fueling for the minute
The plan was to remove the air tube and run the stack there...But one would look crap so am bolting all four on (Three are just for looks) shhhhh

19Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:52 pm

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Forks are striped cleaned on the insides and re-built with fresh seals,oil,bolts
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0362
my new project "brutus" ratrod  IMAG0363

20Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:14 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
So Been thinking what i can stick on the side of the tank.
This is what am liking so far

my new project "brutus" ratrod  MemphisBelle80
or
my new project "brutus" ratrod  Warhawk1

21Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:33 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
So it's been bloody ages since i was last on here 

Forgot my password and other things in life got in the way. 

So the bmw is done!! 

Here is what come of it

my new project "brutus" ratrod  Bmwk_zps24641065
my new project "brutus" ratrod  Null_zps8a9e72f4
my new project "brutus" ratrod  Null_zps27257cd3

22Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:27 am

Erman

Erman
Gold member
Gold member
Uuuh... your pipes... How loud are those things? And do you use them for drying the missus' hair?

1984 BMW K1000RS

1984 Yamaha XJ750 Seca

23Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:47 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Sound real good. Got baffling right down in the pipes so they are not to loud!
Warm leg in summer

24Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:09 pm

escodsm

escodsm
Silver member
Silver member
LOVE this bike, great job! I'm building a K75.  You obviously have way more experience than I do - how did you solve the electrical issues caused by removing the stock instrument panel?  I get no response at all electrically, anywhere.

http://Www.stevecordeiro.com

25Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:03 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Never had any issue removing stock clocks
All wiring is hid in side headlight

Have you checked the fuse box?

Am about to use k-75 wheels in my k100

26Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:33 am

escodsm

escodsm
Silver member
Silver member
1) Did you mount the side stand on the opposite side? Very cool.  Never understood why BMW engineers would want this bike to lean over with the crankcase dripping into the heads...

2) I cant start my bike, it seems, without the instrument panel.  And I have no clutch cable at the moment so I hope that is the extent of the issue.  (Apparently not having the clocks there are required connections in there for gear indicator, etc)

27Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Have you pulled the clutch wire out?
If yes then put it back in! If not then trace the wire for any breaks

Never had any props starting mine with out clocks tho

Yes I've used honda vtr firestorm stand (gives it better lean stance also)

28Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:07 am

escodsm

escodsm
Silver member
Silver member
The clutch cable broke, so at the moment there is no cable at all.  I didn't think this would matter as I can still put the bike in neutral and it would start (my last K bike would)

I just made in introductory thread, there I described how this bike came with an alarm system which I quickly hacked up and tossed - but maybe I cut something I shouldn't have...

29Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:20 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You can't just unplug most alarm systems as they usually have an immobilizer fitted and if you just remove that relay there is no chance of it starting. It would probably the live wire to the ICU from the ignition switch.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

30Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:40 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Doh

31Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:26 am

escodsm

escodsm
Silver member
Silver member
Sorry to thread-jack. This thread is about a really cool K that DOESNT have starting issues hahaha. Nice bike, I'd love to hear those pipes. Got any vids?

32Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Mine starts first time off the button

Then again I run a good osddessy battery Wink

Yes vid on YouTube
BMW ratrod

33Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:21 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
When you say it's done mate, do you mean it's MoT'd?

What was you solution to the clocks?

Cheers
Dave

34Back to top Go down   my new project "brutus" ratrod  Empty Re: my new project "brutus" ratrod Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:33 am

thumperslaw

thumperslaw
Silver member
Silver member
Yes all done (well still changing things here and there)
Mot and tax

I used a bicycle speedo

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum