BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:18 am

ChrisJF

ChrisJF
My latest - please don't ask, its a long and tedious story - "pride and joy" should soon be arriving here. A 1989 K100LT in reasonably good condition but in need of some cosmetic tidying and mechanical overhaul : nothing really drastic but enough there to keep me occupied for a while as a winter project.

I'm not the world's best at mechanical or DIY issues Embarassed but I'm fortunate to be able to call upon friends who are Shocked. I make the tea/coffee and offer helpful (?) advice throughout while they get their hands dirty Twisted Evil

Thanks to everyone involved here for their help, knowledge and enthusiasm provided. I'm sure I'll be calling in regularly Very Happy

Hello - at long last 00112

2Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 am

Life time member
Life time member
Hello - at long last 177912 Chris

Nice looking motor! You'll find all the help you need here along with a bit of banter....so please do call regularly!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

3Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 am

Gday mate and welcome!

4Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome along Chris, I'm sure you will enjoy your time here,
A very friendly group to join.
My mechanical knowledge is about the same, but fortunately the K is a reasonably reliable machine , and makes for seldom issues.

You have a fine specimen on board there, congrats.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Hello - at long last 10_x_110

5Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:58 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Chris and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question just dumb mistakes

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:14 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome Chris, nice looking bike you have there.

BIG D

7Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:45 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Welcome to the madhouse, Chris.

8Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:54 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome chris ....enjoy !!!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

9Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the Forum.

Enjoy your time here.

So Chris, how did you come about getting the bike? Twenty words or less please as some of us have a short attention spa... oh look, a butterfly!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

10Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:27 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Hello - at long last 44271

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

11Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:41 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from Cornwall Wink

12Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Adiwan Djohanli

Adiwan Djohanli
Silver member
Silver member
Hello Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I learn a lot from this forum and still am in this forum.

Greeting from Jakarta, Indonesia.

Cheers Smile

13Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Chris, enjoy your bike! Very Happy
Cheers
Dave

14Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Thank you for the welcome Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:38 pm

ChrisJF

ChrisJF
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I've spent a lot of time browsing/lurking and now that I've taken the plunge it should be quite a journey.

The bike hasn't arrived yet but my credit card has already gone into meltdown in anticipation of "Der Tag". Accessories, spares, service kits, the "just-in-case" items for the refurbishment project (*) and, I'm ashamed to say, a brand new Rukka Athos jacket (c/o Louis Moto DE - have you seen the UK prices affraid ) as for some reason my old gear doesn't seem to fit me anymore. Perhaps they've shrunk 🐷 ?

Anyway, thanks once more, especially to those who provide so much helpful and practical information. Its very much appreciated.

(*) I'll try to keep a running record and post as and when

15Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Chris,
You have made the same basic mistake most of us have, we went and bought one of thos pesky wardrobes that shrinks all of our clothes a bit every day and before you know it they don't fit us any more Smile
Great to have you with us.
K-BIKE

16Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:30 am

Adiwan Djohanli

Adiwan Djohanli
Silver member
Silver member
Our clothes shrink or our body growing larger??? The age factor I suppose Laughing Laughing

Cheers.

17Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Nice ride! Welcome aboard Chris! Very Happy

OG

18Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Barcelona Pat

Barcelona Pat
Hey

http://patonabike.blogspot.com

19Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you here with us!

20Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
Nice looking bike, radio-equipped too. Not sure if that model year had front fork reflectors, but they can easily be added. Exclamation

21Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Re: Hello - at long last Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:37 pm

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
K pox... you have a bad case. Welcome to the Kpox Kolony. You can never leave.

UJ

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

Hello - at long last K100_m12

Hello - at long last K75_po12
Hello - at long last Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

22Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Hello - at long last Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome mate.
I notice Michael Kane gave you a welcome from Barcelona. nice touch.
RT

23Back to top Go down   Hello - at long last Empty Thanks once more Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:40 am

ChrisJF

ChrisJF
to all for the warm welcomes.

It's always nice to know you are not alone when the madness rises, its time come round again, slouching towards K-Land to be born ... Twisted Evil

Avatar added - Artemis, twin sister of Apollo and goddess of the hunt, the hills and the wilderness. Also RT-miss ( Embarassed )

Last edited by ChrisJF on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added avatar)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum