You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Holiday pic. Empty Holiday pic. Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:44 am

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
</A>Hi there!
Here is a picture of my K 100 somewhere in the Italian alps.
I just came back from a nice holidaytrip with the bike I restored earlier this year.
The bike went very well both on highspeed autobahn riding and on the windling roads of the alps.

Holiday pic. P8140040

I`d like to thank this forum for the info found here that helped me put this bike back on the road again.
Cheers Wikur!

2Back to top Go down   Holiday pic. Empty Re: Holiday pic. Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:49 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Wikur,
Beautiful photo, great location and great bike, looks in great shape. Tell us a bit more about your trip. For those of us spread around the world it helps to give us an armchair opportunity to travel your route.
Regards,
K-BIKE

3Back to top Go down   Holiday pic. Empty Re: Holiday pic. Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:55 pm

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
</A>Hi K-BIKE !
When I was working on the bike back in April,snow still on the ground.A thought came into my mind......
The alps!
Especially the Dolomites in northen Italy.I`ve done this route before about ten years ago then on an R100Rs.
It`s a 1500 km ride from Stockholm.Sweden to get there.Most of it on Autobahn when in Germany.
I did a stop in Munster on the way down to visit the German Tank museum .That took me most of a day.
Very interesting!
Then onto the alps.
You can check it out on Google Maps. Around Cortina d`amprezzo there is a lot of nice roads.
I made camp at lake misurina.I was the only biker and got strange looks from the climbers and the hikers.
It seemes that bikers mostly stays in B&B down in the valleys and not in tents.
I had four beautiful days of riding in this fantastic region.
We have nothing like theese roads back home.It`s just curves!!!
Passo di Gardena,Tre Croci,Stelvio and Timmelsjoch on the border of Italy and Austria.........
Fantastic!!
It`s hard work riding theese roads,lots of gearshifting going up and breaking going down.
The hairpins are to be treated with most respect!
The locals are going so fast that you can`t belive it!!!!
On the way home I spent a day on the Grossglockner hochalpenstrasse in Austria in sunshine.Great!!!
Most of theese passes are somewhere between 1200 to 2800 meters above sea level.
Lots of pasta and cheese was cosumed on this trip washed down with a spot of wine...
Cheers,wikur!!Holiday pic. P8150052

4Back to top Go down   Holiday pic. Empty Re: Holiday pic. Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:14 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Astonishing photos Wikur and a great write-up, wish I had been there with you, Italy is a beautiful place but it is expensive unless one does what you do bike camping and beautiful simple meals.

Good on you as we say in NZ, one day think about a holiday in New Zealand especially the South Island for scenic grandeur and lots of good wine.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Holiday pic. Empty Re: Holiday pic. Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:26 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I had many times the opportunity to ride in the alps (French and Switzerland Alps), but never on a BMW.
After a trip like this, your handling of the bike must certainly have improved.

Cheers

Bert

6Back to top Go down   Holiday pic. Empty Re: Holiday pic. Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:07 pm

wikur

wikur
Silver member
Silver member
</A></A>Hi Bert!
You`re absolutly right!
The first encounter of the windling alp roads was quite frightning....
Fully loaded with tent and panniers the K 100 felt like a bus.
With everything stored at base camp,handling improved.
Going up the passo falsareggio at six a clock in the morning with no traffic is just pure joy!!!.....
It takes about a day to learn how to tackel theese roads.And a lifetime to master them!!!!
Holiday pic. P8140021

7Back to top Go down   Holiday pic. Empty Re: Holiday pic. Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:47 pm

scottiesharpe

scottiesharpe
Silver member
Silver member
Wow! That is stunning. That last picture is heavenly! Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum