BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:42 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Finally had some clear weather today, work gave me the day off, so why not give the old boy a quick run.
loopin' the lake Pic_0318
a quick check of the vitals, running about 5 pound under, so topped up to 32 front/36 rear. much better.
Local flooding is still playing havoc on the roads, the usual water features of the golf course across the road actually closed the road on Sunday morning.
After hitting the bike shop for parts for Tracey's bike, we decided to head south to Catho Bay ( Catherine Hill Bay)

loopin' the lake Pic_0319
next stop, Belmont foreshore on Lake Macquarie.

Stopped at Swansea for a quick look -see
looking out through Swansea Heads
loopin' the lake Pic_0310

loopin' the lake Pic_0311

then pressed on to Catho Bay for some light lunch, went down well! a popular haunt for motorcyclists of all breeds.
loopin' the lake Pic_0314

loopin' the lake Pic_0313

overlooking the beachfront and historical coal loader

loopin' the lake Pic_0312

caught up with some German tourists, Mhellar( pronounced Millar), on the far right, says he rode in the German police force. K75, K100 and R1150
he said 1150 had best handling ability, but the brick engine was by far the best to come out of Germany. Who was I to argue.

Catho Bay sits at the bottom edge of Lake Macquarie, from here it is either head north or south, home is north, so we head back home via the country route.

loopin' the lake Pic_0315loopin' the lake Pic_0316
a brief stop at Mulbring to take in the hillside views. not spectacular but worth a stop anyway.
 this is the loop taken

Most importantly the day didn't go to waste, good company , top weather and the K humming away.
Sean , Trace is very happy with the jacket, thanks.
we took some footage of the K winding through the country, damn computer wouldn't accept the format from the phone..

Last edited by groverK on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:45 am; edited 3 times in total

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
loopin' the lake 10_x_110

2Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:04 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice ! grover ....looks like you guys are having fun

enjoy !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:17 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
So that's what blue sky looks like...

Great photos!

Nothing like a nice ride during the working week. Less traffic...and you're not at work!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:34 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:So that's what blue sky looks like...

. Less traffic...and you're not at work!

yep, haven't seen much of the blue stuff lately, poor Rick and Mrs G were struggling with the plight of rain during their recent trip, mind you they did have a tin tarp over their heads.
the traffic to Morriset was fairly average, have encountered heavier, especially in and around Sydney.
I pity the guys down there on their daily runs. Newcastle overall is pretty easy travelling.
Blakey , you would hit heavier traffic from brisbane to the sunshine, wouldn't you?

2018 Kart upgrade.

5Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Traffic on Saturday and Sunday mornings heading north from Brisbane can be really heavy!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

6Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:49 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
groverK wrote:
blakey wrote:So that's what blue sky looks like...

. Less traffic...and you're not at work!

yep, haven't seen much of the blue stuff lately, poor Rick and Mrs G were struggling with the plight of rain during their recent trip, mind you they did have a tin tarp over their heads.
the traffic to Morriset was fairly average, have encountered heavier, especially in and around Sydney.
I pity the guys down there on their daily runs. Newcastle overall is pretty easy travelling.
Blakey , you would hit heavier traffic from brisbane to the sunshine, wouldn't you?

The worst was on the expressway after we left you Ed, down to 50 mtrs at times and the idiots are still doing 120kph.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 am

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
Ya, winter here and summer in "stralia." Enjoy the good time mates! bounce

8Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:21 am

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the pics GroverK - it's really good to see what riding is like for others on the forum. Those open landscapes make our countryside seem like a warren.

The bike looks in great shape too.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

9Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:31 pm

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
blakey wrote:Traffic on Saturday and Sunday mornings heading north from Brisbane can be really heavy!
The same in Sydney. That's why I love my weekend being Monday and Tuesday. Nearly everyone is at work Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

10Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:01 pm

10-ring

10-ring
Silver member
Silver member
Hi
Great Pics.
It's been snowing here all day.
Glad to see there is nice weather in the world.
nice looking K Thanks

11Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Nice piccies, Ed!
Nice jacket.
Nice to see some pics of some of my old haunts too. Used to do the Swansea bends to Catho and then along to Gwandalan to visit people. Also used to to go through Mulbring and onto the Hue Hue rd to Wyong etc.
Thnaks./'

12Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:34 pm

larrikin

larrikin
Life time member
Life time member
My Wife and me had our honeymoon at Cave's Beach. (it's the next suburb to Swansea). We went up on a Suzuki T350 Rebel.

It increases my paranoia
Like lookin' at my mirror and seein' a police car

13Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:49 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
larrikin wrote:My Wife and me had our honeymoon at Cave's Beach. (it's the next suburb to Swansea). We went up on a Suzuki T350 Rebel.

What a coincidence. I spent my bucks night at Catherine Hill Bay Hotel.
And the Florida. And Kincumber hotel. And the Blue Gum. And Sylvesters at Charmhaven. Then slept under a tent at Birdie Beach.

Small world.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

14Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm embarrassed to admit I know all those venues. Intimately.

15Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:06 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
good to see you all enjoyed, and memories brought back for some, glad you guys kept the details minimal.
I was so tempted to pull the phone out on the run for some footage, knowing my luck I would have been booked.
with the recent expenses ,I've held off on the helmet cam , but still researching thanks to a lot of recent feedback from forum members.

I'm a bit half minded on the change of screens, as others may agree.
The high screen definitely offers more protection from the wind, however there are times the extra forces of nature are welcome. the day provided a slightly warmish sun, enough to get burnt on the back of the neck, with a light coolish breeze. Very enjoyable, but I think it would have improved with the lower screen.
how do the electric screens perform, Rick suggested on his recent visit that they may or may not adapt to the LT, with it's dials in the way.
There was an electric screen on Ebay recently and I almost jumped at it.It was from an 1100 LT.
Has anyone tried a conversion? Thanks Ed.

2018 Kart upgrade.

16Back to top Go down   loopin' the lake Empty Re: loopin' the lake Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:43 am

Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:It was from an 1100 LT.
Has anyone tried a conversion? Thanks Ed.

Loads of conversions have been done on LT to later electric screens Ed. CF and Robmack led the way and have been a great help on sorting out mine. Pick one up complete with motor etc in the base as anything else is too expensive. You also need to change the inner facia to the electeic screen one. Your LT fairing mount needs to be modified slightly - here is some advice form the Gurus! and some pics of my bracket mods. I had to have a second go at them for final assembly but a simple job. Once the bracket is sorted the base and screen bolt up. I still haven't sorted the wiring on mine so I pulled the motor and adjust it manually which is quite simple too (and lazy..I know Embarassed )

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum