BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greeting from Michigan, USA Empty Greeting from Michigan, USA Wed Aug 26 2009, 16:01

MSteven

Hello, folks, I just purchased a 1985 K100/RT and I'm getting started educating myself about the bikes, as I knew little about them before buying. Just some buying tips on another forum I found when researching that particular model.
So far it's been a lot of fun, and the miles are already racking up. Smile
I will have lots of questions, but not much to add except my experiences and learnings.

Mark

Last edited by MSteven on Wed Aug 26 2009, 16:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling and puncuation)

2Back to top Go down   Greeting from Michigan, USA Empty Re: Greeting from Michigan, USA Wed Aug 26 2009, 19:30

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Hello Mark

Glad to see you joining our community of K100 enthusiasts. we hope that you will get may years of enjoyment of your bike.

You will certainly learn a lot more about your bike by reading this forum than actually working on it.

Michigan.... Milwaukee... Hummmm The Harley family will not appreciate you buying a great piece of German engineering. Very Happy

I am just thinking that we never wrote an article on what to check on a K bike before buying it. This could be a nice new thread for potential owners Question

Maybe you could try it and relate your purchase experience... I don't want to put you 'on the spot' but this could help others.

Cheers and welcome.

Bert

3Back to top Go down   Greeting from Michigan, USA Empty Re: Greeting from Michigan, USA Fri Aug 28 2009, 02:31

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Mark,
Glad to have you with us.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Greeting from Michigan, USA Empty Re: Greeting from Michigan, USA Fri Aug 28 2009, 19:44

MSteven

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Bert, as for your suggestion about a buyers guide/observation article I will have to get in touch with at least two folks on other forums to see if they mind me linking to their articles, or quote them with recognition.
I have a few thoughts of my own about what I observed and what I consider important.
I can't promise prompt work, but I'll see what I can do.
Mark

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum