BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Hello From Ohio, US Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Der Ziegelstein

Der Ziegelstein
Greetings all,
My name is Jim and I am from northeast Ohio in the United States.
I bought my 1987 K100RS three years ago. It was my first street bike and I have enjoyed learning all about it as I have restored it. There are always new challenges that present themselves and it is great to be a part of such a helpful community.

2Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Re: Hello From Ohio, US Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard jim

good to have you with all us "k"bike enthusiasts

when you get time you must post up that video of ziggy

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Re: Hello From Ohio, US Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jim,
If that is the bike you restored well done that looks a great paint job. Great to have you on board and after fixing up your 87 I am sure there are some great tips you can pass on.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Re: Hello From Ohio, US Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Der Ziegelstein

Der Ziegelstein
Charlie,
I posted a link to the video in the Renovation section, I hope that is the best place.

5Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Re: Hello From Ohio, US Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:12 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jim,

'Gas Tank Dave' here. Glad you made the leap from FB! A big heap of information accessible here, including downloads; you need to PM Crazy Frog for the password.

Welcome!
Dave

6Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Re: Hello From Ohio, US Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:05 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i think it will get many views jim....outstanding work ...and thanks for the link

many of us are verry proud that we are able to get another k bike back on the road ...

enjoy !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Re: Hello From Ohio, US Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Der Ziegelstein

Der Ziegelstein
I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I bought the bike. At the time I was in to drag racing and had no interest in motorcycles. We were also in the market to upgrade our living arrangements, so I really didn't have the money to be buying a motorcycle.
We had an awesome Realtor and one day she told me she had a fun project for me since I liked to work on mechanical things. Her son had moved back to the west coast a few years ago and left his bike here. She had recently sold the property where the bike was stored and it had to go. But it didn't run, something was wrong internally with it. Oh, and it's a BMW.
I thought, BMW motorcycles are pretty fancy, I could probably make a couple buck with this. OK.
I basically bought it knowing only that it was a BMW with a potentially serious "internal" problem.
Fortunately the internal problem was only a broken cam, which, for strangely my local dealer had a pair, along with the lower fairings I was missing. Another little surprise was the fuel tank, but that was relatively minor at that point.
Once I got it back together and rode it around the block a few times the wife told me I needed to get a helmet. She knew right then as well as I did, that I wasn't going to sell the bike.

8Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Another Midwesterner!! Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:55 am

tio Jaimito

tio Jaimito
Silver member
Silver member
Hello James, I just watched your rework video, Great job. you will be an asset to this already great forum.
Welcome and if you get that beautiful RS out to Chicago look me up. Can I send you my plastic?
Uncle Jim

Peggy's 1987 K75s Columbia Grey 9500miles 6 valve.

Hello From Ohio, US K100_m12

Hello From Ohio, US K75_po12
Hello From Ohio, US Basil_10
http://www.nachicagonorth.com

9Back to top Go down   Hello From Ohio, US Empty Re: Hello From Ohio, US Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Love the paint job.
I was wondering where you were going when you stripped the bike but left the front guard on.

Stunning. Really outstanding use of the BMW colours.

And don't mention drag racing or you will have Rick G on your door faster than you can say....... some fancy drag racing term. I don't know. My drag involves bed and my sorry ass out of it.

Last edited by rossco on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sorry)

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum