BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Empty Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:56 am

k75RT Keith

k75RT Keith
Silver member
Silver member
Hello all,

I realize that i'm 1 cylinder short of a K100. But, the information I've found here as a guest has been quite helpful to me with the repair and maintenance of my ride. I hope that I can contribute some useful information and share my limited knowledge.

As for my bike, A Bermuda Blue 1990 K75RT with currently less than 48k on the clock. I'll be adding another 5 - 6k in the month of July 2013 as I ride to Salem OR for the BMW National Rally. This will be my first and hopefully not last trip to the west coast on a motorcycle. I do have a bit of trepidation as my riding buddy has basically backed out so this is a solo trip for me. If anyone here is attending the rally and riding from the midwest, I'd be happy to meet up and share the adventure.

2Back to top Go down   Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Empty Welcome & Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:10 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
Hi & welcome to the crazy lazy house of bricks!
My wife & I are making our best effort to make it to our very first rally....this year in the hottest part of the year from Phoenix, AZ. Our reconstructed 85 K100rs has been basically dependable for about 10,000 miles since I resurrected it from a boneyard.......ie: nothing critical has fallen off on road and it's never quit (completely) while away from home, tough it tried to a time or two till I sorted out a pesky connection from the IGN. switch to the main wiring harness under the tank.
It'll be our first big motorcycle adventure (together) since marrying 8 years ago. (possibly our last) since old age is catching me up rapidly. I'll have a white rs with some bmw moto whatever red/purple/blue decal trim and a black 30 years of K (AU) baseball hat. Hope to see you and at least 2-3 others from this forum, there.
No chance of meeting up probably along the way.
One of our friends here from Boise, possibly 2 may see you somewhere en-route.
Regards, Ibjman

3Back to top Go down   Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Empty Re: Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:31 pm

k75RT Keith

k75RT Keith
Silver member
Silver member
Would be nice to meet up with other brickers. PM me and we can swap info and try to meet at the Rally. I'm going to be Boise on the Tuesday before the rally. If your friends are heading out on the 18th, maybe I could tag along to Salem

4Back to top Go down   Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Empty Re: Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:06 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Keith,
Great to have you with us and a good choice buying a K75 very smooth bikes.
Regards,
K-BIKE

5Back to top Go down   Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Empty Re: Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good on you keith ...have fun with the "k" mate ...and welcome to the forum

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Empty Re: Greetings From Rocky River Ohio Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:52 pm

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
I'm sorry to learn your better half has changed her priorities and will not ride to Salem with you. I've dealt with that disappointment myself, but these days I have no illusions that the wife will again ride with me. So, what to do?
Make lemonade!
Long tours are not so difficult if you're riding solo. Packing is not such a challenge either! So, make the best of it and enjoy your ride! I hope to see you in Boise.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum