BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
All, I need some help. I have noted that my battery drains. Measuring over the fuse sockets it seems to come from the 'clock/indicator' fuse. The current is 5.6 mAmp. It is not the clock (had the speedo disconnected). To know if I have an issue or not I would highly appreciate some of your measurements. If you could be so kind to pull the corresponding fuse and measure the current draw and list it here I would be gratefull. None of the other fuses indicate, so it must be something to do with this one. I have already replaced the indicator relais, but the result is the same. I'm wondering if I have a minor short somewhere.
So if I can please have some measurements? THANKS!

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Scotland Need some measurements??? Nice please? Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223) Florida
BMW K1200GT - 2004 (ZK27240) Australia

BeachGuy

I just noticed your request for help. Being that my K75 is rather naked right now I will take a voltage check for you at the fuse holder for you and post. However, are you aware that the clock is hot all the time. If you don't ride the bike for awhile you will have a drain on the battery, 24/7.
Do you have any other after-market electrical farkels on your ride? GPS, running lights, radar, Ipod, tank bag power or such. Have you recently done any electrical work or notice something not working quite right. If so, are they wired hot all the time or power switched through the Key.
BeachGuy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum